+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics in Chennai and visa stamping in Canada - possible?

priya_dj

May 7, 2017
Hi all,

My dad's visa is expiring in May. His TRV biometrics appointment is next week at Chennai VFS and he is scheduled to arrive in Canada in the second week of April.

I'd like to clarify couple of things:
1. Do they collect the passport at the VFS office while submitting biometrics?
2. How long between biometrics submission and passport request?
3. How many days for submitting the passport upon receiving passport request?
4. Provided he has enough duration, can he submit the passport once he arrives in Canada for his visitor visa stamping?

Thanks in advance!

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Hi all,

My dad's visa is expiring in May. His TRV biometrics appointment is next week at Chennai VFS and he is scheduled to arrive in Canada in the second week of April.

I'd like to clarify couple of things:
1. Do they collect the passport at the VFS office while submitting biometrics?
2. How long between biometrics submission and passport request?
3. How many days for submitting the passport upon receiving passport request?
4. Provided he has enough duration, can he submit the passport once he arrives in Canada for his visitor visa stamping?

Thanks in advance!
1)NO, passport need to be submitted only when visa is approved, but you have to bring it for appointment as they will place the barcode after taking biometrics on the passport
2) currently processing time from india is 95days
3) 30days
4) he can submit to vfs center were he gave biometrics within 30days of passport request, else he can raise webform to extend (wthr they will consider is not guaranteed)

priya_dj

May 7, 2017
1)NO, passport need to be submitted only when visa is approved, but you have to bring it for appointment as they will place the barcode after taking biometrics on the passport
2) currently processing time from india is 95days
3) 30days
4) he can submit to vfs center were he gave biometrics within 30days of passport request, else he can raise webform to extend (wthr they will consider is not guaranteed)
Thank you!

He'll not be able to submit his passport at the Chennai VFS because he'll be in Canada by then. Are you saying he can't submit his passport while he is in Canada for visa stamping?

canadian321

Feb 1, 2022
Thank you!

He'll not be able to submit his passport at the Chennai VFS because he'll be in Canada by then. Are you saying he can't submit his passport while he is in Canada for visa stamping?
he can submit it in canada as well, i’ve read here people doing it, just use the search box above to find what exactly they have done,what i remember is, they raised webform and informed ircc abt it n it was a long process…