+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometrics appointment 30 day timeframe expired

Damselmk

Mar 20, 2020
Hello everybody. My wife (from Iran) originally had an appointment for biometrics collection in Armenia, however she fell severely ill with covid19 and hospitalized. although she made a complete recovery, she was obviously unable to make it to her appointment. Now that shes recovered she can now fly to the nearest VAC as we presume she will show a negative PCR test; however the 30 day timeframe for the biometrics collection expires tomorrow. I have sent numerous webforms and just receive automated emails that tell me they are dealing with the situation in Afghanistan... I have tried to call and cannot even be put on hold. Should I book an appointment for my wife and have her do the biometrics even if its past expiry?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everybody. My wife (from Iran) originally had an appointment for biometrics collection in Armenia, however she fell severely ill with covid19 and hospitalized. although she made a complete recovery, she was obviously unable to make it to her appointment. Now that shes recovered she can now fly to the nearest VAC as we presume she will show a negative PCR test; however the 30 day timeframe for the biometrics collection expires tomorrow. I have sent numerous webforms and just receive automated emails that tell me they are dealing with the situation in Afghanistan... I have tried to call and cannot even be put on hold. Should I book an appointment for my wife and have her do the biometrics even if its past expiry?
Yes she should still do the biometrics. You have a valid reason for not meeting the 30 day expiry date. Have you included proof of positive covid test or hospitalization in your webforms. If not I would attach that for extra proof. With covid many haven’t been able to meet the 30 days.

Reactions: Damselmk