+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

biometric validity extension at the time of passport submission

TrvApp4322

Apr 12, 2023
Hi y’all I need a little help with my parents visitor visa case. my parents applied for visa 2 years ago. They had valid biometrics till 2024. After hearing that visas applied from 2021 are getting processed we decided to extend their biometrics validity. I saw here on the forum that ppl paid fees and attached receipt as we form to request biometrics instruction letter for extension. We paid the fees online and raised the web form on March 22. Today my parents got their biometrics correspondence letter and passport request letter at the same time. There is no BIL for biometrics extension. Their validity is only for one year. Is it possible that they visit the vsf office in person and get their biometrics taken at the same time as passport submission? they have the payment receipt. Or do they have to have a BIL? What should we do?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi y’all I need a little help with my parents visitor visa case. my parents applied for visa 2 years ago. They had valid biometrics till 2024. After hearing that visas applied from 2021 are getting processed we decided to extend their biometrics validity. I saw here on the forum that ppl paid fees and attached receipt as we form to request biometrics instruction letter for extension. We paid the fees online and raised the web form on March 22. Today my parents got their biometrics correspondence letter and passport request letter at the same time. There is no BIL for biometrics extension. Their validity is only for one year. Is it possible that they visit the vsf office in person and get their biometrics taken at the same time as passport submission? they have the payment receipt. Or do they have to have a BIL? What should we do?
Go here and check if their biometrics are still valid.

https://onlineservices-servicesenligne.cic.gc.ca/extapp/bioStatusQuery

TrvApp4322

Apr 12, 2023
their biometrics are valid till 2024. However on the biometrics correspondence letter it says you can pay the fee and have them done again to extend the validity for 10 years. problem is they sent passport request and this correspondence letter at the same time and ignored the biometrics invitation letter request I submitted on March 22. so because my parents biometrics are only valid till 2024 their visa would only be stamped till then (one year)

zaladenish

Apr 3, 2024
Please advise if the issue was resolved. I'm in the same situation where we received the passport request and correspondence letter at the same time. I didn't receive the BIL letter to extend my biometrics. Did you get your visa until the biometrics validity of 2024?