+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric validity correspondence to decision- timeframe

sunshine23

Jul 21, 2019
Hi, I applied for TRV under the immediate family exemption on 18th April 2021. I had sent the COVID-19 exemption webform on the same day, never receieved any response. On GCKey I have received biometric validity correspondence on 6th May. Background and eligibility in progress. From what I have seen, the decision usually follows soon. But, I have not received anything after the validity letter. I understand COVID related delays etc. Just trying to understand others with similar timelines/ situations. Applicant is from India.

sm1021

Apr 19, 2021
Hi, I have same situation. I received biometric validity correspondence on 6th May as well and no update after that. Please keep me posted if you get any update.

sunshine23

Jul 21, 2019
Hey, I wonder what's the holdup for. I just hope they let us know the decision, positive/ negative soon so can move on from this. Defintely causing anxiety

sm1021

Apr 19, 2021
Hey, I wonder what's the holdup for. I just hope they let us know the decision, positive/ negative soon so can move on from this. Defintely causing anxiety
Everything has been going slow due to covid. Hoping to get an update in the coming few days. Lets see!

sunshine23

Jul 21, 2019
Everything has been going slow due to covid. Hoping to get an update in the coming few days. Lets see!
When I applied they asked for proof of upfront medical, which I provided. I was wondering if that reflects on GCKey. On mine is still shows "You don't need medical exam". I have only received the biometric validity as of now. Does the medical results usually reflect?

sm1021

Apr 19, 2021
When I applied they asked for proof of upfront medical, which I provided. I was wondering if that reflects on GCKey. On mine is still shows "You don't need medical exam". I have only received the biometric validity as of now. Does the medical results usually reflect?
Hi, Did you apply for super visa? For regular visitor visa, they do not need medical. I have not submitted medical and they have not asked for it.

sunshine23

Jul 21, 2019
No, mine is immediate family exemption- spouse. When I filled the form there was a section which asked for proof of upfront medical. I provided the medical proof from the spousal PR application. Nevertheless, I hope this long wait ends well! :)

Alaa Afifah

Star Member
Jul 13, 2021
Hi.
do you guys got the visa after All ?
Also my spouse recently got Biometric Validity Letter but no news after that
Your reply will help me what to expect
Thank you!

Last edited:

sm1021

Apr 19, 2021
Hi.
do you guys got the visa after All ?
Also my spouse recently got Biometric Validity Letter bit no news after that
Your reply will help me what to expect
Thank you!
Hi,
Yes. We did get the visa. The biometric letter was May 6th. and we got the passport request letter on July 26th.

Reactions: Alaa Afifah