+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best way to find Canadian Employers hiring Foreign Workers?

thenormal

Nov 22, 2009
What do you think is the best way to do it? Personally, the only way i've found so far is the National Job Bank. Sometimes there are job ads asking for Foreign Workers. There must be another way, i just don't know which...

share your experiences.

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Unless you have a skill that is in short supply....right now it is near on impossible for employers to get a LMO to be able to hire a FW.

Due to the recession and unemployment figures, jobs are going to Canadians first...as it should be...so unless you are in NOC O A or B or a care worker, I am afraid you could be looking for a long time to find a job.

Keep searching....keep looking...and hope the economy turns and once again labor is in shortage.

Good luck.

angeltessa

Oct 30, 2009
hi angelbrat!

how about with Residential Care AIdes (RCA)? do u think there is a shortage in this filed?

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
angeltessa.....

I suspect that being in health/care work is easier to get a positive LMO than other industries due to the shortage of skilled workers in that field. But i also suspect this varies from Provence to Provence and you should do research into what areas there are a shortage of workers in your skill class.