+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BEST WAY TO BRING MY SISTER TO CANADA ??

andikeep2580

Jan 12, 2009
Hi

I just need to know if/how I can bring my sister (30) to Canada. She has 2 dependant children 7 and 10. I will soon be a permanant resident - I moved here with my GF who is a Canadian Citizen. We have a daughter (2) born in Canada too. We have looked into the family class but it doesn't look like it would be possible to sponsor her. We also looked at the skilled worker program, which her BF (common law) would be eligible for as an engineer, but I have been told that employment has to be pre-arranged for this method? I mean, they probably could get an offer of employment but would that be enough? Are either of these two options possible in any way, or should we try a different route?

Thanks

Andi

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you and your girlfriend will be living in AB, SK or MB, you can look into sponsoring your sister through the family stream provincial nominee program. You would have to meet certain requirements of how long you are PR and living in the province as well as funds and her for age, education and also funds.

If that's not possible, you can see if you can find the boyfriend a job offer. If that works out, he can either use that for them to apply for their immigration via skilled worker or get a temporary work permit and apply for immigration later.