+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Best options to Bring sibling in canada

Vikram4864

Aug 14, 2018
Hey all,

I am PR in canada and own small business. My brother is working in india right now and 3 year of experience in civil engineering. Can I apply under my company through LMIA process? How many days it will take under process?

Is there any other options for direct PR for him. Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey all,

I am PR in canada and own small business. My brother is working in india right now and 3 year of experience in civil engineering. Can I apply under my company through LMIA process? How many days it will take under process?

Asked in another thread. Processing for LMIA depends on the NOC. Assume you have posted the job on many sites and can’t hire anyone, only your brother is experienced enough. Assume your business is an engineering business.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/apply-for-brother-lmia-under-my-company.781698/

He can look to immigrate under Express Entry or PNP programs.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hey all,

Best option would really be for him to qualify for immigration on his own. IRCC is well aware that family members try to hire each other just to facilitate immigration so have been cracking down and really requiring proof that one has existing experience in the field in their home country is applying for a job in a family business in Canada.