+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Before OATH can I move other Provence

Sumonaney

Nov 29, 2012
Hi Now I am in Saskatoon applied my citizenship Feb 2018 only so far I got my AOR . It looks to me it may will take 6 or more months to get test or oath.

Due to my wife job I may have to move BC middle of October. I am not sure before October I will get my OATH.

Is it possible I can take my test and interview in Saskatoon and fly from BC for oath .

My address will remain same in Saskatoon because we live with our sister house.

I found in OATH time we need to show one government ID , here is the problem can I show Bc driving license or I don’t need to change my SK license to Bc license, because we can drive 3 months without changing the driving license.

I hope you guys will help me to take my decision so that I don’t make any wrong turn for my Citizenship application.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
Technically, you should notify IRCC of any address change when it happens. However, I think the answer to your question will change based on your status as you get closer to that time. If you've already done your test and have DM before you move, then yes, you could just fly back to take your oath without any real complication.

Joshua1

Nov 18, 2013
From what I've read and my own sense, keeping your address in Saskatoon and ability to fly back when needed is the right decision. This may prevent a lot of headaches.

Hopefully, you get to take the Oath before you leave.