+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Before landing as PR can I apply for visit Tourism visa for my Parents?

S7

Jun 10, 2012
Ottawa, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Application sent on 02 MAY 2014 Received at CIO on 08 May 2014 CC Charged on 9 July 2014 PER 19 AUG 2014 RPRF 8 April 2015
Med's Request
09 April 2015
Med's Done....
11 April 2015
Interview........
24 Mrch2015 Abu Dhabi
Passport Req..
1st May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
30 April 2015 - Passport sent - 5th May 2015 - Passport returned 21 May 2015
LANDED..........
Landed 10 Aug 2015
Hi

I revived my COPR and I will be landing in August and my mom is depended on me, can I apply for a visit for her, should i mention in the visa application about myself?

Not sure which approach to take? how I can convince them that she would leave by the end of the stay?

regards
S7

MartinT

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Montreal
IELTS Request
N/A
S7 said:
Hi

I revived my COPR and I will be landing in August and my mom is depended on me, can I apply for a visit for her, should i mention in the visa application about myself?

Not sure which approach to take? how I can convince them that she would leave by the end of the stay?

regards
S7
I think you can not sponsor or invite anyone unless you are already a LANDED IMMIGRANT. You have your COPR but technically you are not yet a PR because you did not land yet here in Canada. Having said that, if you want your parents to join you in your flight going to Canada, then they must apply independently for a tourist visa. Mentioning your status will really have no impact.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MartinT said:
I think you can not sponsor or invite anyone unless you are already a LANDED IMMIGRANT. You have your COPR but technically you are not yet a PR because you did not land yet here in Canada. Having said that, if you want your parents to join you in your flight going to Canada, then they must apply independently for a tourist visa. Mentioning your status will really have no impact.
This is incorrect.

Even a person who is an international student studying in Canada can invite someone to come to Canada to visit them. Mentioning the status might have impact - it all depends on what information had been submitted.

MartinT

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Montreal
IELTS Request
N/A
steaky said:
This is incorrect.

Even a person who is an international student studying in Canada can invite someone to come to Canada to visit them. Mentioning the status might have impact - it all depends on what information had been submitted.
Look at his words. Technically he is not yet a PR because he is not yet completed the process. The final step of being a PR is for you to land in Canada. So until such that time, he can't sponsor anyone.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MartinT said:
Look at his words. Technically he is not yet a PR because he is not yet completed the process. The final step of being a PR is for you to land in Canada. So until such that time, he can't sponsor anyone.
Look at his words. He merely want to apply a visitor visa for his mom to Canada and he is not sponsoring anyone. He can do so and submit all the info to the nearest Visa application centre or consulate.

MartinT

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Montreal
IELTS Request
N/A
steaky said:
Look at his words. He merely want to apply a visitor visa for his mom to Canada and he is not sponsoring anyone. He can do so and submit all the info to the nearest Visa application centre or consulate.
Okay. If that is the case then I stand to be corrected.