+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Before i apply, i want to clear one thing

msalman3

Dec 22, 2009
One Question. I am studying in Georgia INstitute of Technology, USA and i am interested in the Permanent resident in Canada. But before i apply i want to clear one thing. My spouse and 3 kids are in Lahore, Pakistan. Will it be possible that they could be interviewed over there in Islamabad Canadian Embassy during the time of interview call and i am in the US , i will of course have to appear in Buffalo for the Interview as a permanent resident. So should i pay the fees for the application as follows:

Principal applicant $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner $150.00
Total = $1550.00

BobbyB

Champion Member
Feb 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msalman3 said:
One Question. I am studying in Georgia INstitute of Technology, USA and i am interested in the Permanent resident in Canada. But before i apply i want to clear one thing. My spouse and 3 kids are in Lahore, Pakistan. Will it be possible that they could be interviewed over there in Islamabad Canadian Embassy during the time of interview call and i am in the US , i will of course have to appear in Buffalo for the Interview as a permanent resident. So should i pay the fees for the application as follows:

Principal applicant $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older, or is less than 22 years of age and is a spouse or common-law partner $550.00
A family member of the principal applicant who is less than 22 years of age and is not a spouse or common-law partner $150.00
Total = $1550.00
Normally, the main Applicant is the person they interview and not the accompanying members.
You will need to pay the application fees applicable to all members of the family that are you applying for.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp

"The processing fee for you and your dependants who will accompany you to Canada must be submitted when you apply. Information on how to pay your processing fee is included in the instruction guide.

If you apply as a Federal skilled worker and pay a fee, but are not found eligible according to the above criteria, we will inform you and refund your processing fee."

Hope this helps.
BobbyB.

msalman3

Dec 22, 2009
Thanks for your response. So i wanted to make sure about it once again. That you mentioned that the principal applicant is called for an interview not the others , IS it true? If yes then i am happy that my family don't need to appear even before the embassy in Islamabad.