+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Because the parental application is taking so long, situations changing

helkat

Jun 10, 2008
My husband and myself put an application in to sponsor my parents from the UK, along with my brother and sister (who at the time of the application were both under 22, single with no children). As the application has taken 4 years to process (and will still be another 2 years apparently), obviously my siblings lives have changed... they are both no longer in full time education and my sister has a baby. I am curious if the application still stands as is from the time it was submitted, or if it now nulls them both off the application?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! :'(

RobsLuv

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2008
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Original:14Mar2007; Reprocess began after appeal:26Apr2010
Doc's Request.
Original:9May'07; Reprocess:7May'10
AOR Received.
Original:28Apr'07; Reprocess:26Apr'10
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
Reprocessing:7May2010
Med's Done....
Jun2010
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
30Nov2010!!
VISA ISSUED...
31Dec2010!!
LANDED..........
31Jan2011
It's my understanding (but I'm not an expert on this, so hopefully someone like rjessome or PMM will come around and answer, too) that, as long as they were locked in as dependents before they turned 22, the eligibility stands (because it's only if the ap is initially submitted after a dependent is age 22 that they have to meet the additional qualification of full-time study, etc., to still be eligible as a dependent). However, if either of them marries or becomes a common-law partner, they are no longer considered as "dependent" without having attended school continuously since before being married or common-law and/or since before turning 22 years of age.

The introduction of a grandchild for your parents, though, means that the you and your husband may have to meet an additional threshold of LICO.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And you must add the sisters baby to the application and in order to immigrate with said baby, she must have full custody.