+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BCPNP , lay off

Pluto121

Jan 7, 2020
Hi there,

I'm on a work permit and have submitted all my documents required for PR throught express entry, I was eligible only because of BCPNP points as well. I even submited the last requirement of police clearance and biometric on Feb. However I have been laid off from work due to covid19. I was wondering what could be the possible outcomes in this case. Would they still accept my application.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Is being employed a requirement for your BC nomination? I guess it all depends on it. If yes then you won't qualify for the PN and would therefore not be eligible anymore because of falling below the cut-off.

Pluto121

Jan 7, 2020
Is being employed a requirement for your BC nomination? I guess it all depends on it. If yes then you won't qualify for the PN and would therefore not be eligible anymore because of falling below the cut-off.
Yes it is a requirement! However the situation is a global crisis not company's or my fault either..hence am hoping the could consider it.... Wondering anyone going through same situation...it's stressful to be honest! Worked really hard

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes it is a requirement! However the situation is a global crisis not company's or my fault either..hence am hoping the could consider it.... Wondering anyone going through same situation...it's stressful to be honest! Worked really hard
We've seen a few people post this question. The short answer is that we don't know. IRCC hasn't made any announcements yet to address these types of situations.

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
If it's a requirement, it's not up to IRCC, it's up to the provincial government, they might decide to change the requirements for nominations but if they don't then you no longer meet the conditions of your nomination. You'll certainly run into issues while they are assessing your application because they will deduce the 600 points and hence you'll fall below the cut off.

You can just hope for the Provincial government to grant exemptions or stuff like this, however I wouldn't count on it to be realistic. Still, all you can do is wait for now.

Reactions: scylla