Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hi
Before I begin,I admit i am biased in favor of BC believing it the best place to live in Canada,Not make money in that case Alberta is the way to go.Real life I work for one of the MLA s and I get lots of people coming in asking for help in Immigration,so I figured why not help online about BC only
BC has a real labor shortage and the province has adopted a very liberal immigration policy compared to other provinces to encourage Immigration under BC PNP,For example even If every BC high school graduate did not leave the the province,We would still be short 350,000 workers.So We are the only province with Fast Food workers,janitors,drivers qualifying to become immigrants under PNP.We are one of the most ethnically diverse provinces .for example Vancouver is about 32% Chinese,10% south Asian,4% Filipino.We are proud that our current LG is Aboriginal,while We are the only province to have had a South Asian as Premier.So basically our Ministry of economic Development which handles our PNP is aggresively courting people to move here,Later these year we will be having job fairs in Korea,the Philippines and Germany to look for workers to move to BC.So to quote our Premier Gordon Campbell,You are welcome to the Best Place on Earth.Sorry ,If its a Bit over the top but I really love my Province

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
Good to hear the lovely things about BC.

Besides jobs like janitors, fast food workers, etc, what is the job market like in areas of banking and finance, IT, etc?

Also, I hear the weather is great there...

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
BC has a very strong IT and Gaming Development sector,For example Micro Soft set up here requiring 5,000 jobs and much of the software in Canada is done here,The creative types are attracted by the fact that you can be skiing one minute then be on the beach 30 minutes later.Thats why We became known as Hollywood North,Same reason.Banking and Finance is still back east though.Sorry cant get it all

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
BC is also renowned for the film industry, forestry, tourism and some natural resources.

BCguy, how does the BC PNP work for a finance/accounting guy?

olusolalekan

Jul 3, 2008
BCguy,

for example Vancouver is about 32% Chinese,10% south Asian,4% Filipino.

That is 46% Asian and i don't call that well diversed. A well diversed BC should include relatively balanced representation of other continents of the world.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hi
Financial analysts,Managers etc qualify,Its Clerical and Administrative types that are ineligibile along with retail sales,Salesman and Real estate brokers.look up the BC PNP website for the specific ineligible occupations

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
olusolalekan said:
BCguy,

for example Vancouver is about 32% Chinese,10% south Asian,4% Filipino.

That is 46% Asian and i don't call that well diversed. A well diversed BC should include relatively balanced representation of other continents of the world.
You are correct,But what its worth African is about 1% Latins are around 2-3%,Middle Eastern 1-2%,European Descent about 40% with English stock as the largest group,So its Diversed BUT NOT WELL DIVERSED City.Sorry

energy168

Mar 21, 2008
BCguy said:
BC has a real labor shortage and the province has adopted a very liberal immigration policy compared to other provinces to encourage Immigration under BC PNP,

BCguy,
Can you refer us sites where we can apply for jobs in BC even if we are based abroad and have no papers yet? I am asking because I know that the BC PNP is employer initiative based, so one needs a job offer. How hard is it for someone with no papers yet to be able to get a job in BC? I personally am queued in the FSW. I have a sibiling who lives in BC with his family but BC has no family stream. I do not know if I stand a chance of getting a job in BC while still being based in the Philippines.

Thanks.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Hi Energy
I can refer you to several manpower agencies,but tell me a little bit of your background so I know where to refer you to.Cheers

KayCee2

Star Member
Jul 10, 2008
Thanks BCguy!
Good to know IT jobs are there in BC.
I figured that Banking and Finance will be on the East coast. That just gives me a choice since I have degrees in both areas...

nova

Jul 5, 2008
Hello BCguy,
I am intersted in manpower agencies too,its for my brother and his background: A university degree in accounting and a 5 years experience.

Thanx

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
nova said:
Hello BCguy,
I am intersted in manpower agencies too,its for my brother and his background: A university degree in accounting and a 5 years experience.

Thanx
Well Accountants being NOC Classification A are eligibile for BC Provincial nomination and can bring their families in with them.The problem is finding the employer.You can google many job websites within BC for employers cheers

balut

Jul 28, 2008
My friend is a manitoba provincial nominee. he's in manitoba for a month now and he wants to move to vancouver for a greater opportunity. Employment in manitoba isn't much....he's still waiting for his PRCard to be mail to him. Is it possible for him to move w/o creating problem w/ regards to his nominee status?

Hopeful Canadian

Star Member
Jul 11, 2008
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-04-2010 RCVD: 13-04-2010
Doc's Request.
26-10-2010
AOR Received.
04-03-2011
IELTS Request
20-07-2011 L8.5, R6.5, W7.5, S7.0
Med's Request
05-06-2015
Med's Done....
06-10-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2015
VISA ISSUED...
11-11-2015
LANDED..........
21-06-2016
Hi Guy
I am from out of Canada & have applied as a Diagnostic Medical Sonographer in FSW. for BC PNP I need a job. For my job they need ARDMS registeration. I can have this when I am in US or CANADA. I have been already refused a TRV inspite of a very good visa record having US, CANADIAN, BRITISH & IRISH visas. SO IT IS LIKE EGG FIRST OR CHIKEN FIRST.Can you help me getting a validated job offer from BC - I love stunning BC landscape.