+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP

FastestFinger

Mar 26, 2009
Hi, I've been working as a server in BC for 5 months. I am wondering how much time do I have to spend in the province before I am eligible to apply for the BC PNP?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you fall under the semi skilled program, I believe it's 9 months you have to work.

FastestFinger

Mar 26, 2009
Thank you for the info. One more thing: My girlfriend (common-law partner) is here with me, but she's working in retail and we're having some doubts that she qualifies for the semi-skilled program. If only I myself apply and be accepted as a permanent resident, does she get permanent residence as well?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BCguy said:
Leon said:
If you fall under the semi skilled program, I believe it's 9 months you have to work.
Very Good Leon,I nominate you as an honorary British Columbian
Cool, now I get a key to the city or something, golden compass so I don't get lost in the forest? :p :)

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Leon said:
BCguy said:
Leon said:
Cool, now I get a key to the city or something, golden compass so I don't get lost in the forest? :p :)
No,But you get an Umbrella for the rain and you have to NOT work more then 30 hours a week,The rest of the time you have to take it easy and chill out by the beach or ski or surf or sail or jog....

FastestFinger

Mar 26, 2009
BCguy said:
Leon said:
Thank you for the info. One more thing: My girlfriend (common-law partner) is here with me, but she's working in retail and we're having some doubts that she qualifies for the semi-skilled program. If only I myself apply and be accepted as a permanent resident, does she get permanent residence as well?

FastestFinger

Mar 26, 2009
BCguy said:
Yes if your sponsorship is approved,She is not your spouse so she is NOT family
Thanks BCguy but I am kinda confused here.... So if my sponsorship is approved she does NOT get permanent residence? She can only get it if she's my spouse?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have a common law partner, you have to list her on your PR application. You can list her as not-accompanying if you don't want to apply for her too but why wouldn't you? It's kind of silly for you to apply on your own and her on her own when you are common law partners. Include her on your application and then she will get PR too.

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Leon said:
If you have a common law partner, you have to list her on your PR application. You can list her as not-accompanying if you don't want to apply for her too but why wouldn't you? It's kind of silly for you to apply on your own and her on her own when you are common law partners. Include her on your application and then she will get PR too.
What I meant is you have to prove your common law relationship,which if unproven MAY have her denied,unlike spouse which is easier just show wedding papers,in common law show pictures,letters,Insurance and Bank papers etc.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to prove relationship if you are already PR or citizen and you apply to sponsor a spouse. If you apply for PR together as a couple, I don't think you have to prove it.