Aug 18, 2016
Hello

With regards to BC PNP , what is the difference between

Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker
Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker

Thanks

pgq

Apr 9, 2016
As the name says Express Entry BC is linked to Express Entry while Skills Immigration is not. What that means is that the later stream follows the EE system (you have to meet all the EE requirements etc) and your PN would give you 600 while the former is not related to EE and instead gives a PN stream.

matchless

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
pgq said:
As the name says Express Entry BC is linked to Express Entry while Skills Immigration is not. What that means is that the later stream follows the EE system (you have to meet all the EE requirements etc) and your PN would give you 600 while the former is not related to EE and instead gives a PN stream.
sorry It more confusing now!! Is skill immigration not related to express entry profile on CIC?? is it something for which we can apply separately..
For now , when I am about to register on BC immigration site, the first thing it ask is it Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker or Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker..

Which one should i choose?

wicaact

Apr 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CIO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-04-2016
AOR Received.
17-05-2016
matchless said:
sorry It more confusing now!! Is skill immigration not related to express entry profile on CIC?? is it something for which we can apply separately..
For now , when I am about to register on BC immigration site, the first thing it ask is it Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker or Skills Immigration – Skilled Worker..

Which one should i choose?
Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker:
You need express entry profile in order to apply, and you need to meet requirements of both express entry and BC PNP
Processing time: 2-3 months at BC PNP, then 6 months at federal stage

Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker:
You don't need express entry profile, just need to meet the requirement of BC PNP. After approval from BC PNP, you need to file a paper application to CIC.
Processing time: 2-3 months at BC PNP, then 15 months at federal stage

matchless

Star Member
Aug 18, 2016
wicaact said:
Express Entry BC – Skilled Worker:
You need express entry profile in order to apply, and you need to meet requirements of both express entry and BC PNP
Processing time: 2-3 months at BC PNP, then 6 months at federal stage

Skills Immigration - Skilled Worker:
You don't need express entry profile, just need to meet the requirement of BC PNP. After approval from BC PNP, you need to file a paper application to CIC.
Processing time: 2-3 months at BC PNP, then 15 months at federal stage
Thanks Wicaact!!