+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP nomination, the right order for applying

MMORYTO

Oct 22, 2017
Hi guys,

I recently arrived into BC as a newcomer under International Experience Canada program (temporary open work permit for one year).

I got a job as network administrator and as my plan is to stay here I have been wondering what is the next step I should take to get a PR. I know that I should apply for Express Entry and know all the rules and requirements. I would like to get BC nomination so I could have more points when sending my application through Express Entry.

My employment contract is temporary 3 months now but if everything is okay, I believe the company is going to renew it with permanent offer which I thought I would be able to use for being the nomination process. Hence, if I am given a chance to stay within that employer and I am given a permanent offer, I have been wondering if I could use that offer letter for nomination process.

My questions are:
1. Do I need to wait until I get the nomination before I start a permanent job I got the offer letter for or I can start right after I was offered and then start nomination process even if I already started working on the position I am using for PNP?
2. Same question for Express Entry if the above is positive. Can I start working before Express Entry process is completed?
3. What happens if I get nomination, then I get an invitation for PR under Express Entry with that nomination , and then I want to change a job? Does it affect my nomination or PR status in any way?

Thank you in advance. Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Mikolaj