+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP EXPRESS ENTRY BC – SKILLED WORKER

pippiridd

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
Hi all,

Can't see too many threads on this particular entry route so just wanted to share my experience and ask some questions.

Currently in the EE pool with a CRS of 421 for NOC 2141. After applying and entering the pool I received a job offer from a company in Vancouver so have applied and been invited to apply for a BC PNP with a score of 141 on the BC pool (was selected on the first draw I was eligible for).

Application has gone in and so in the waiting game for receiving my formal nomination and the subsequent 600 points that should allow me to be selected in the next EE PNP draw as I will have over 1000 CRS score.

QUESTION: I’ve read that the nomination can come with a letter of support for a work permit. Can anyone shed any light on what that entails?

- what kind of work permit will I be able to apply for? Am I eligible for the express 2 week processing?
- will this allow me and my family to move to Canada and me to start work whilst the PR application progresses?
- will I be able to do the “apply at the border” for the permit?

Timeline for BC PNP:
Application submitted with 141 score: 23rd April 2022
Invitation to apply: 3rd May 2022
AOR: 15th May 2022
Additional documents requested: 18th July 2022
Status changed from "applied" to "in process": 18th July 2022

Appreciate any help!

Reactions: golgappe and Deepfw

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
I am also in almost your situation. I am in Canada and working for a company based out of BC. I have also applied for BC PNP and my application is "in process" stage. I will try to answer your questions:
- what kind of work permit will I be able to apply for? Am I eligible for the express 2 week processing?
You will just receive a support letter for Work Permit. This will help your employer to hire you without LMIA. I don't think this will make your application eligible for 2 week processing (which is exclusive for LMIA under Global Talent Stream)

- will this allow me and my family to move to Canada and me to start work whilst the PR application progresses?
After receiving a support letter from BC, you will have to apply for Work Permit and Visa (assuming you don't have one) with IRCC. You can travel to Canada only after receiving VISA and approval for WP (including visa/ WP/ Study Permit approval for family)

ONly with support letter from BC? No. You will need VISA and Work Permit approval.

Last edited:

pippiridd

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
Hi, thanks for the response.

I was under the impression that I met the 2 week processing as LMIA exempt because I meet these three requirements from the official website (or will do when I request my employer to complete the online portal)

If you don’t need an LMIA, you will be eligible for two-week processing if you meet all of these requirements:
  • You’re applying from outside Canada
  • Your job is either skill type 0 (managerial) or skill level A (professional) in the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
  • Your employer has submitted an offer of employment using the Employer Portal and paid the employer compliance fee.
Was hoping to find others who had gone through this experience but there doesn't seem to be many!

jayantsingh

Star Member
Nov 3, 2020
oops sorry, I take back my words on 2 weeks of processing. Yes, you will be eligible for it. I just confirmed with one of my colleague. She came here last year through BC PNP.

Deepfw

Apr 12, 2016
Hi all,

Can't see too many threads on this particular entry route so just wanted to share my experience and ask some questions.

Currently in the EE pool with a CRS of 421 for NOC 2141. After applying and entering the pool I received a job offer from a company in Vancouver so have applied and been invited to apply for a BC PNP with a score of 141 on the BC pool (was selected on the first draw I was eligible for).

Application has gone in and so in the waiting game for receiving my formal nomination and the subsequent 600 points that should allow me to be selected in the next EE PNP draw as I will have over 1000 CRS score.

QUESTION: I’ve read that the nomination can come with a letter of support for a work permit. Can anyone shed any light on what that entails?

Timeline for BC PNP:

Appreciate any help!
Hi all,

Timeline for BC PNP:

Appreciate any help!
Hello sir
Question 1 What they requested in additional
documents
Question 2 . Which documents they generally require from previous job experience from india or any other country

pippiridd

Star Member
Jul 20, 2022
They requested proof of the recruitment process for the role I have been offered which I provided in the form of the indeed adverts.

For previous roles, I haven't had to provide anything, just a resume.

mayanan

Jun 27, 2022
I applied on 15th June through BC PNP- Tech too, NOC 5241. Now my status is "in process", though I know it will be a very long wait for at least 3 months or more to be approved. I have some queries that may hope someone could explain:
- How long to received WP if I have a nomination?
- I have 3 dependents ( my wife, 2 children with 5 and 3 ) which option visa could I can apply for them? How many funds do we need? If funds are combined, it is eligible in the primary applicant's bank?
- Do my wife need to work at the time I apply for her permit?
- Do I need a letter of explanation from everyone?
- To be applied along Work permit by support letter with EE PR application, is it considered dual intent? I am not sure about that.

Thank you, and hoping to hear from you guys.