+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP - Change Intended Place of Stay post applying?

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Good day,
Request for guidance please!
My cousin is on visitor visa in BC and she completed her ECE certification and got a job offer from an employer in Surrey. They are staying in Chilliwack but mentioned the intended place to stay will be Surrey. They have a family of 4.

we applied for her BC PNPwith the job offer, however BC PNP came back mentioning that the minimum income for staying in Surrey is $49000 and the job offer has lesser salary. The salary offered meets the criteria to stay in Chilliwack.

Question:

1. Can we reply to BC PNP that we will stay in Chilliwack and commute for job? My family can provide an affidavit that they will support my cousins family for rent and Groceries by staying with them.

2. Can we also say that my cousin’s husband will work as well once they get PNP nomination?

Any other guidance will be much appreciated! If there is another place to post this question- please let me know.

thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Good day,
Request for guidance please!
My cousin is on visitor visa in BC and she completed her ECE certification and got a job offer from an employer in Surrey. They are staying in Chilliwack but mentioned the intended place to stay will be Surrey. They have a family of 4.

we applied for her BC PNPwith the job offer, however BC PNP came back mentioning that the minimum income for staying in Surrey is $49000 and the job offer has lesser salary. The salary offered meets the criteria to stay in Chilliwack.

Question:

1. Can we reply to BC PNP that we will stay in Chilliwack and commute for job? My family can provide an affidavit that they will support my cousins family for rent and Groceries by staying with them.

2. Can we also say that my cousin’s husband will work as well once they get PNP nomination?

Any other guidance will be much appreciated! If there is another place to post this question- please let me know.

thank you
What is the salary for the job offer? The salary must meet the median for the NOC for Surrey. Post the actual letter for context.

1. No. This is about the job offer not where they are living. The job offer must meet the median income requirements for the NOC for Surrey. So employer must increase salary. Your support is not relevant anyways, and not part of the PNP process. You stating will pay for rent/groceries show that they can live on the salary.
2. No. This is not about the spouse and spouse’s future income is not part of PNP process. This is about the applicant having a job offer that meets income requirements.

Last edited:

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
Hi, thank you for your prompt response.
The job offer on the letter is $20 per hours for 40 hours which translates to $41,600 for 52 weeks. The family threshold for Metro Regional District (Surrey) is $49,467 as per BC PNP guidelines.

Median salary for NOC in Surrey is $20 which she got the job offer for.

BC PNP specifically mentioned that they have concerns that “As you have indicated your intended place to stay is Surrey, which is Metro Vancouver Regional District, and have 4 family members to be included in the application, your minimum income must meet or exceed $49,467.”

Not sure if the employer would increase the salary in job offer as she quoted the median wage and family support letter might not work. Then what should we do?

What is the salary for the job offer? The salary must meet the median for the NOC for Surrey. Post the actual letter for context.

1. No. This is about the job offer not where they are living. The job offer must meet the median income requirements for the NOC for Surrey. So employer must increase salary. Your support is not relevant anyways, and not part of the PNP process. You stating will pay for rent/groceries show that they can live on the salary.
2. No. This is not about the spouse and spouse’s future income is not part of PNP process. This is about the applicant having a job offer that meets income requirements.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi, thank you for your prompt response.
The job offer on the letter is $20 per hours for 40 hours which translates to $41,600 for 52 weeks. The family threshold for Metro Regional District (Surrey) is $49,467 as per BC PNP guidelines.

Median salary for NOC in Surrey is $20 which she got the job offer for.

BC PNP specifically mentioned that they have concerns that “As you have indicated your intended place to stay is Surrey, which is Metro Vancouver Regional District, and have 4 family members to be included in the application, your minimum income must meet or exceed $49,467.”

Not sure if the employer would increase the salary in job offer as she quoted the median wage and family support letter might not work. Then what should we do?
If she meets medium income for 4 outside of Vancouver, then change to Chiliwack and see what happens given job is in Surrey. Then your cousin show proof of settlement for Chiliwack. If refused, then salary should be increased. Does spouse have work permit? If not, then his future work cannot be counted. Family support has no bearing and it is abased on meeting minimum income.

Last edited:

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
If she meets medium income for 4 outside of Vancouver, then change to Chiliwack and see what happens given job is in Surrey. Then your cousin show proof of settlement for Chiliwack. If refused, then salary should be increased. Does spouse have work permit? If not, then his future work cannot be counted. Family support has no bearing and it is abased on meeting minimum income.
Thank you.
Her spouse does not have work permit. Family is on visitor visa.
Just wondering, on what grounds would an employer increase the pay at this point?
On a side note - look at the irony - the median wage does does not meet the minimum income threshold set to support a family. Both government departments contradict each other.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Thank you.
Her spouse does not have work permit. Family is on visitor visa.
Just wondering, on what grounds would an employer increase the pay at this point?
On a side note - look at the irony - the median wage does does not meet the minimum income threshold set to support a family. Both government departments contradict each other.
The salary is the median and only above minimum income requirements by $500. If she has the experience and licensed then she should get higher than the median. Not really ironic because ECE is a low income job across Canada (always has been), and is not enough to support a family of 4. It is up to employers not the government to pay more. That means families with children in daycare would pay more. It is enough for a single person or couple.

Sid Malhotra

Sep 10, 2020
The salary is the median and only above minimum income requirements by $500. If she has the experience and licensed then she should get higher than the median. Not really ironic because ECE is a low income job across Canada (always has been), and is not enough to support a family of 4. It is up to employers not the government to pay more. That means families with children in daycare would pay more. It is enough for a single person or couple.
Agreed!

appreciate your guidance today!