+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Banking Job Opening For Indian Experianced Banker ...

mnspunia

Sep 26, 2012
Hi,

Can anyone please enlighten me about the prospects of getting a job in canada for an indian banker having 4 years of experiance in retail,rural and corporate banking exposure.
i am currently working in india's 2nd largest public sector bank as MANAGER (CREDIT) and previously worked in different deppt of bank.
i am engineering(B.Tech) by educational qualification.

what are the channels through which i should apply for a job?

Please help

Thanks

ssparkles

Apr 22, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo NY
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 4, 2012
Doc's Request.
Nov 8, 2012 & March 19, 2013
AOR Received.
Oct 25, 2012
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
Med's Request
Mar 19, 2013
Med's Done....
March 22 & received by CIC on April 10, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013, sent out passport same day.
VISA ISSUED...
May 21, 2013
LANDED..........
May 22, 2013
Hi there,

If you're already experienced in banking, the best way I feel would be to apply directly to the banks for positions that are listed on their website. As by getting an offer directly you will get a permanent position with benefits. You can apply from their career section.

Main banks are - TD (Toronto Dominion) , BMO (Bank of Montreal), CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of COmmerce), RBC (Royal Bank of Canada).

The other way is to find an employment agency that hires professionals from outside Canada. Most employment agencies hire on contract but there are ones that place permanently as well. You'll have to do some research into which agency will be able to help you out. I know for a fact that BMO hires and trains people in Pune in IT related fields. There must be more fields or areas in India itself.

Also have a strong LinkedIn profile as you will be googled. Once you're on LinkedIn there are many options for you to find agencies/employers that are a right fit with you.

Hope this helps. Best of Luck.

peanut

Nov 22, 2012
Hi,
I have 12 year experience in Banking sector,currently working as Retail Credit Policy Manager in one the big bank of UAE.
Can anyone tell me what certification required to get good job in Canada?
thanks