+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank will not provide Letter (proof of funds). What can I do?

Jan 30, 2021
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello and thanks in advance for any help provided! My current banks (M&T Bank and Discover Bank) are unwilling to provide letters satisfying the IRCC requirements. I told both I need a letter as per the following requirements:
Express Entry - Permanent Residents
If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
- list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over the past six months,
- list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
- be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and e-mail address)
  1. The bank will definitely NOT compromise and they're insanely inflexible about this; just as inflexible as IRCC is also being this, frankly. I can't force the bank to fulfill these requirements in a single letter because of their internal privacy policies or whatever, and it seems like the IRCC will accept no less than that specific format.
  2. In addition, I apparently need everything in CAD. Is that true?
What can I possibly do to provide the proof of funds without getting my application thrown out because of the absence of a letter formatted as per Canadian requirements?

TL;DR: The IRCC has a stringent one-letter-contains-all format that my U.S. banks (M&T Bank and Discover Bank) will not follow that format because of their policies. What the hell can I do to solve this issue?