+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Statement for Student Visa

Clara Palma

Aug 16, 2016
Hello:

I am going to apply for Student Visa in this October. I have some issues regarding parents sponsorship. Both of my parents has FDR (Shonchoypotro) in an international bank (Few FDR is deposited before and few FDR deposited in July 2016). They will sponsor me for my masters programme in HRM in URegina. In this case, should I submit only bank statement or last few month's bank solvency (where my parent's bank transaction will show) also? Moreover, I am decided to apply on my own rather than taking any help from the agency. Will it be wise decision? what do you suggest?

One more thing. I am a married woman and has taken study leave from my organisation (international NGO). Will it help me to get visa? My husband will stay here and I have no children.

Thank you,
Clara

talhaixlam

Aug 5, 2016
Lahore, Pakistan.
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
IELTS Request
Already done - 7.0 Band DECEMBER 2015
Clara Palma said:
Hello:

I am going to apply for Student Visa in this October. I have some issues regarding parents sponsorship. Both of my parents has FDR (Shonchoypotro) in an international bank (Few FDR is deposited before and few FDR deposited in July 2016). They will sponsor me for my masters programme in HRM in URegina. In this case, should I submit only bank statement or last few month's bank solvency (where my parent's bank transaction will show) also? Moreover, I am decided to apply on my own rather than taking any help from the agency. Will it be wise decision? what do you suggest?

One more thing. I am a married woman and has taken study leave from my organisation (international NGO). Will it help me to get visa? My husband will stay here and I have no children.

Thank you,
Clara
1) You should submit the bank solvency (Statement) of at-least past four months of your sponsor + affidavit of sponsor that he/she is willing to sponsor your studies in Canada. Check this link for more info : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp
2) If your parents are willing to support your study then you are required to show the the source of income of the sponsor and their tax receipts as well. And you should submit all the documents which shows that your sponsor has the business or any source of income maintained and settled enough to support your studies in Canada without any problem.
3) If I am not wrong, FDR is fixed money until the given maturity date. So it might not be considered as liquid money as the regular savings or other bank account. (This is my assumption, you can ignore it if you want).
4) It is your own decision if you want to apply on your own or use the help of some consultant, as long as you are submitting right and required documents that will not make any difference and I strongly recommend you to write your SOP (Statement of purpose) in detail and explain all your plans in it. If you feel confident enough then just go for it. (I also used the help of a consultant for my study visa application but mine was refused and now I applied again and did everything by myself). But, it is your own decision.
5) Your husband in your home country and your study leave from your organization will help you to show ties to your home country. and I encourage you to show all your ties to your home country in your application.