+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank Draft for processing fee

muc79

May 19, 2011
Hej,

I want to make a bank draft for canadian immigration processing fee. I have a bit of confusion, is there any body can help me out ?

insturction guidline:

"A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque."

As i understand, bank draft should also bear name of one canadian bank like for example " Bank of Montreal ". Am i right ? or Please guide what should be on Bank Draft

Thanks in advance.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
Hmm There is no mention of any PARTICULAR Bank that should be mentioned on the Demand Draft.

Demand Draft should be made Payable to "Receiver General For Canada", then it will have the Bank on which it can be drawn in Canada. The Guide "PDF" Version (get the latest one) says.

"In Canadian funds only, you may pay by certified cheque, bank draft or money order made payable to the “Receiver General for Canada.” or with a credit card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express)"

The Certified cheque are something else, not the regular ones. SO just goto your Bank which has some DIRECT link with a Bank in Canada. Tell them that you want to make a Demand Draft/Bank Draft of amount in Canadian Dollars, and the name of the Beneficiary is "Receiver General For Canada".... You should also make sure that the Application reaches within 1 Month of having made DD.

DONT use credit card, Ive been reading lots of people having trouble with the CC.

pittabread

Champion Member
Oct 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
muc79 said:
Hej,

I want to make a bank draft for canadian immigration processing fee. I have a bit of confusion, is there any body can help me out ?

insturction guidline:

"A bank draft / bank cheque is a cheque issued by a bank payable to a person, in this case the Receiver General for Canada. The name of the Canadian bank that will pay the Receiver General for Canada will be written on the cheque."

As i understand, bank draft should also bear name of one canadian bank like for example " Bank of Montreal ". Am i right ? or Please guide what should be on Bank Draft

Thanks in advance.
Hi!

Yes that means on Bank draft there will be a name of Bank in Canada which will pay the amount to beneficiary i-e Receiver General for Canada. When you make a bank draft from a country other than canada then that bank have a branch in Canada who pays the beneficiary and that bank's name and branch is written on bank draft.

Thanks

Sisifo

Nov 5, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to tell your bank that you need a bank draft payable in canada. They dont necessarily have to have a branch in Canada as most banks have arrangements with different banks around the world to honour the draft. Just curious if you dont have an option of paying your CIC in the currency of the country its located in. eg i had the option of paying in Australian dollars to Sydney CIC