+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BADLY NEED HELP- RELATIONSHIP HAS FALLEN OUT

mrs. confused

May 12, 2016
Hello guys. Badly need help.... My husband landed almost a month ago. I sponsored him. Quickly after he landed, I learned that he had an affair with another woman back home which he is vehemently denying. At first, we decided to give the relationship a try but I always nag him about his affair. Now he has given up on the relationship. I pleaded him to leave Canada. At one point, I threatened him that I will have him deported if he doesn't leave willingly. I know my obligation as a sponsor and it scares the hell out of me , that he will use my threats against me. He wants to stay in Canada to work and save but I can't stand seeing him everyday as moving on would be very difficult. He wants to leave the house and I told him that once he leaves, I will have to report it to the immigration ( he has the condition) and save my self from the undertaking and obligation. I am really confused and bothered. I don't know what to do anymore. Kindly give me some legal advice

ktorva

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 Mar 2016
Doc's Request.
27 Apr 2016
AOR Received.
08 Apr 2016
File Transfer...
21 Apr 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07 Mar 2016
Interview........
DM 04 June 2016
I'm not a legal expert at all. But, if the relationship is falling apart, it's probably best to separate sooner rather than later. Even if you have to leave the home (sorry). You need to show that your relationship is absolved and you may need to file for divorce. I know in Ontario you have to (as of 2008) wait a year from when you file for divorce, so time is of the essence. I would call CIC and explain the situation as well, let them know its a conditional PR and ask what is required to document the end of the relationship for their purposes. I think there are 2 years the conditions remain.

I am sorry, I can imagine this is a really awful situation.
It might sound cold, but you have to look out for yourself here. Your husband is clearly not invested in your interests. He knows about the two years and if he sees you are leaving and he doesn't want to return to his home country, I imagine he'll turn in to Prince Charming to win you back over. PLEASE protect yourself. Best wishes.

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
If you do not want to try to fix the relationship, or believe that it is not possible to do so, let him move out. Report that the relationship has broken down to CIC. He has a conditional PR, so since the relationship has broken down his PR should be revoked. However, CIC may not do anything.

If he wants to work, that is better for you. If he works, he can't go on welfare. You will have to repay the government for any welfare he receives for the next three years. So ideally you would report that the relationship has broken down, his PR would be revoked, and he would go home.

You can file for divorce. You have grounds for the divorce - his adultery. I suggest you get a family lawyer to deal with the divorce. Do not leave your house (unless he is physically threatening you; even then, better to call the police and have him removed).

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Is his PR conditional or not conditional?