+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

ririzaza

Nov 10, 2021
Hello; I have questions regarding Background check (criminality, info sharing, security check) : So if I understand well, they only do these steps for PR and citizenship, but not for all temporary visas and permits ? Because if we have successfully passed these steps for student/work permits what is the purpose of doing it again since we are already living in Canada ?
And what's the point of asking a bunch of documents for background check during the temporary visa process if they don't check them ? This doesn’t make sens at all, specifically for people who has not moved anywhere since they are in Canada.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello; I have questions regarding Background check (criminality, info sharing, security check) : So if I understand well, they only do these steps for PR and citizenship, but not for all temporary visas and permits ? Because if we have successfully passed these steps for student/work permits what is the purpose of doing it again since we are already living in Canada ?
And what's the point of asking a bunch of documents for background check during the temporary visa process if they don't check them ? This doesn’t make sens at all, specifically for people who has not moved anywhere since they are in Canada.
They do more careful / more detailed reviews for PR vs. temporary visas. Also, they want to make sure nothing new has happened between the time of the original review and now.

ririzaza

Nov 10, 2021
Hello @scylla
Thank you for your reply. I still do not understand. What is the difference between a "soft background check" and "hard background check" ?
Isn't it more relevant to do a hard and exhaustive background check before any admission -whatsoever- to a given territory?