+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Background check

Samih

Oct 13, 2017
hi guys..... I have a friend who applied for refugee protection from outside Canada
He’s got his G number before 10 months,
Upon call cic to check his application, they said the review of your application has not started, additional documents you have been provided are being reviewed, we are processing ur background check?
What does it mean?
Anyone knows?
Plz answer...
Thnks...

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
They are doing checks on him related to criminality, military service, education, confirming his identity, etc. It a whole series of checks on him done by the RCMP, CSIS, IRCC, FBI, CBSA, CBP, US Immigration and others. Essentially they are checking to make sure he isn't a risk to Canada or its citizens.

Reactions: Samih

Samih

Oct 13, 2017
They are doing checks on him related to criminality, military service, education, confirming his identity, etc. It a whole series of checks on him done by the RCMP, CSIS, IRCC, FBI, CBSA, CBP, US Immigration and others. Essentially they are checking to make sure he isn't a risk to Canada or its citizens.
How can they making background check before reviewing his application?

Samih

Oct 13, 2017
I am just asking, is it possible they make background check before even reviewing the application?
Thank u for ur reply...

Samih

Oct 13, 2017
Probably quite likely. They will want to ensure that s/he is eligible to apply.
So now things are in this way, first they will do background check then they will process the application... thank you for your reply....

Samih

Oct 13, 2017
Don't want to disappoint your friend but it seems like he has a long wait ahead of him.
It’s that he applied with 2 more people and he was the first one to get his G number and the other 2 were behind him, now they are processed and made the interview and he is still in phase one, I don’t know how cic works but my friend is feeling anxious coz the are about to finish his job in Saudi Arabia and can’t go back to Syria coz he has military service....
I hope they will process his file soon
The expected time for processing refugee files from Saudi Arabia is 16 months, now he completed 1 year tell...
Thank for your reply man...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
16 months seems much faster than I would have expected. It is only an estimate of course. I assume he is applying for private sponsorship. Canada only accepts so many private refugee sponsorshup a per year so that will also factor into the wait time. I would encourage your friend to try to find another work contract.

Samih

Oct 13, 2017
16 months seems much faster than I would have expected. It is only an estimate of course. I assume he is applying for private sponsorship. Canada only accepts so many private refugee sponsorshup a per year so that will also factor into the wait time. I would encourage your friend to try to find another work contract.
I hope he can find a contract, but things in Saudi Arabia is not what it used to be, they are finishing contracts a lot of people there coz they want to have more Saudi employees, anyway he has to wait... there is nothing he can do about it...
Thank you for your reply man

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Perhaps he should look at other gulf countries or other countries in general. The refugee system is experiencing even more applications than normal so I would expect that wait times might increase. In his case he needs to have a plan B.

Samih

Oct 13, 2017
Perhaps he should look at other gulf countries or other countries in general. The refugee system is experiencing even more applications than normal so I would expect that wait times might increase. In his case he needs to have a plan B.
I will advice him but they are not granted any work permit for any Syrian in any gulf country, for me, I am a surgeon and got very good contract in Dubai but they rejected me bcoz I am Syrian, it’s not that easy my friend, anyway thank for advice...
Good night....

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I do realize that things are very difficult I but don't want him to fixate on that 16 month estimate because it seems highly unlikely that he will meet the estimate and I don't him to end up with no options. What about other countries? Not sure what this person does for a living.

Samih

Oct 13, 2017
I do realize that things are very difficult I but don't want him to fixate on that 16 month estimate because it seems highly unlikely that he will meet the estimate and I don't him to end up with no options. What about other countries? Not sure what this person does for a living.
He is accountint, my friend, the problem is all doors are closed against Syrians and he is afraid if he change the country where he lives, this may affect the decision on his case, besides the only option for him now is going to some country in South America....
Anyway I will advice him that maybe he will have to wait along time before a decision can be made on his file, meanwhile I will send GCMSnow application just to follow his application, maybe something positive gonna happen
Thank u my friend and wish u a nice day...