+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

baby born to canadian in philippines needs help

Oct 24, 2012
Hello, I am a Canadian with a Filipino fiancee, we have an 9mnth old daughter born in Cebu. 3 months ago we went to embassy in Manila and handed in the application for her canadian birth registration. Now that it is processing can we ask for a temporary passport for her now? or do we have to wait until the certificate is granted? How long does it take? I would like to take her to Canada now, is this possible without the mother? or if my daughter has a temporary passport can they both come to canada? If anything I would like to bring my daughter to Canada now while we apply for permanent resident for my fiancee. Before we applied for tourist visas for both the baby and my fiancee through an agency called Ultimate Visa and they were denied, saying that my fiancee has no ties to Philippines so won't come back, but what about my daughter? The agency took our money with no advice that this could happen, they claimed 100% rate of approval! so be careful! any help would be appreciated as this is so stressful.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can apply for a temporary passport for your daughter now. If the mother gives you permission to take her with you to Canada, you can. The mother must either get a visit visa or wait until she can get PR. Being your fiancee, it makes it even harder for her to get a visit visa because immigration will think that she is not just going to visit Canada.

In order to sponsor your fiancee, you either have to be married to her or you have to have been living together as a couple for at least 12 months that you can prove. As a Canadian citizen, you do not have to be in Canada to sponsor her but if you are not, you would have to show proof that you are planning on moving to Canada when she gets her PR.