+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B.E. + MBA (both from different Univ) ECA Guidance required

hiren.yadav

Jun 15, 2015
Dear Friends,

I am very much confused and no consultants are giving proper guidance (unless we pay them hefty fees :(

I have a B.E. degree from Sardar Patel University and MBA from Gujarat University.

1. For B.E. I do have a transcript issued by the university.
2. For MBA I have transcript issued by my institute (not by the university). Do I need to contact my university for the same?
3. Do I have to send 2 couriers / sealed envelops (1 from each universities) ?
Or
both transcripts in a single cover?
Or
Only the transcripts of last degree?
4. From where can I find these sealed envelops?

Friends, your guidance will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Hiren

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See below my response to another user - do ask follow up questions if you're stuck anywhere. All the best!

Go through this link (http://www.wes.org/ca/fswp/requireddocuments/index.asp) for India specific guidance as well.

Follow these steps for a hassle-free experience with WES

1. Get a provisional assessment done for all your educational qualifications at this link http://www.wes.org/ca/evaluations/preliminary.asp

2. Based on the provisional assessment report, you can decide which qualifications are likely to be validated as equivalent to Canadian credentials and also at what level.

3. After this, you can take an informed decision to apply for ECA from WES. You need to apply for Document-by-Document evaluation and you can decide to do this for single/multiple qualifications.

4. Once you've created your WES profile online, received the reference number, you'll have to send them official transcripts (signed off by the concerned authority at your University and sealed & signed by the same authority) in a sealed envelope to WES Canada.

5. You can send multiple sealed covers corresponding to multiple qualifications INSIDE one master sealed cover so that you save on some courier expenses. Include your Degree certificate copies separately as well. DHL, FedEx are usually reliable and have efficient tracking methods. Do not forget to superscribe the outside envelope with your reference number so that the receiver at WES know that this belongs to your file.

6. Keep a track of the status changes on your WES account online to see if they want you to do something else. Otherwise, expect a response from them in 4-6 weeks.

All the best!

prashantgupta8055

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Hi -

I need some additional information. I did my MBA and Btech from India.

Did you get ECA done for both MBA and bachelors degree ?

Also, any advise on which designated agency to choose for evaluation ?

Thanks, Prashant

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantgupta8055 said:
Hi -

I need some additional information. I did my MBA and Btech from India.

Did you get ECA done for both MBA and bachelors degree ?

Also, any advise on which designated agency to choose for evaluation ?

Thanks, Prashant
Yes, both degrees, and definitely WES.

prashantgupta8055

Star Member
Aug 30, 2015
Thanks !

I found this footnote on CIC website for MBA degree holders. Do you know what it means ?

Note that this equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the “International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology” or the “International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta.” These designated organizations indicate outcomes in English only.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
prashantgupta8055 said:
Thanks !

I found this footnote on CIC website for MBA degree holders. Do you know what it means ?

Note that this equivalency assessment outcome applies to reports issued by either the “International Credential Evaluation Service (ICES), British Columbia Institute of Technology” or the “International Qualifications Assessment Service (IQAS), Government of Alberta.” These designated organizations indicate outcomes in English only.
That line applies only if you apply to ICES or IQAS. Their reports might have different wordings compared to standard WES reports and CIC simoly highlighted how to read equivalency based on those reports.

As dobes advised, choose WES. Their report is likely to assess your MBA as Masters and that would be sufficient. I can even argue that you do not need to assess your B Tech but there is no major harm done by including that in your WES assessment.

All the best!

amitkrmmmec

Oct 1, 2015
Hi,
thanks for sharing knowledge..

I understand, candidate need to get all his qualifications / degree evaluated (ECA) from WES.
However, would like to clarify, do i need to provide/send transcript for each of the degree or only the highest qualification / degree ?

FYI : Education qualification is B.sc (3 yr) + B.Ed (1 yr) + MBA (2 Yr)

Thanks in anticipation !!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amitkrmmmec said:
Hi,
thanks for sharing knowledge..

I understand, candidate need to get all his qualifications / degree evaluated (ECA) from WES.
However, would like to clarify, do i need to provide/send transcript for each of the degree or only the highest qualification / degree ?

FYI : Education qualification is B.sc (3 yr) + B.Ed (1 yr) + MBA (2 Yr)

Thanks in anticipation !!
Just the highest degree - get an ECA for your MBA provided it is equivalent to Canadian Masters. If isn't equivalent to a Canadian Masters, get MBA and BSc assessed so that you can claim 2 or more degrees.

rakesh.talent

Dec 11, 2018
I have received transcript for my BAMS degree from GOA University in sealed envelope and sending to IQAS for ECA process

But i have one diploma certificate of early child education and transcript sending to WES for ECA

Because BAMS Goa university degree is not listed in WES and not doing ECA for this degree

But another Vidyanidhi institute of Early childhood Diploma is listed in WES ans issue Eca

My query is can i do ECA for two different certificate from 2 different authority and CIC will accept the same while creating express entry profile for 2 ECA report

Pl guide me in above situation