+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting hearing decision

U. R.

Jan 28, 2024
I filed my claim June, 2023. I had my hearing January 2024. I didn't get a decision on the table, and this has me worried.

1. Is it true that probability of a negative decision is high if you don't get a positive decision during the hearing.
2. Do people get negative decision during the hearing?
3. There were a couple of contradictions, but I believed I explained them okay. Will this affect my chance of getting a positive decision

Littlebeee

Star Member
Jan 6, 2023
Be positive if you know you did well then just wait for your decision. I had my hearing Dec 1 2023 and I was not given a decision after the hearing. I got my decision on Jan 11 2023 and it was positive.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I filed my claim June, 2023. I had my hearing January 2024. I didn't get a decision on the table, and this has me worried.

1. Is it true that probability of a negative decision is high if you don't get a positive decision during the hearing.
2. Do people get negative decision during the hearing?
3. There were a couple of contradictions, but I believed I explained them okay. Will this affect my chance of getting a positive decision
Doesn’t mean anything. Some members never give results of hearing at the table. The fact that you got a hearing so quickly likely indicates you were assessed as less complex. If that is the case your chances of approval are high. All you can do is wait and see what the results are.

Osama10abdo

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
I had a hearing in early September that lasted about 3 hours, with three breaks for rest. At the end of the session, the member asked my lawyer to submit certain reports confirming the status of my wife’s country and informed us that there would be another hearing. After the first hearing, the lawyer was contacted, and a date for the second hearing was set for next year.
Two days ago, my lawyer submitted the required reports.

My question is: Has anyone had a similar experience? Can the member make a decision without the second hearing, and can it be canceled?