+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting FSW PR but got job offer

Tendoo

Aug 3, 2021
@legalfalcon, I have a December 31st, 2020 AOR under the FSW program (outlander). I submitted my medicals upfront and completed biometrics on 5 February 2021, which were passed on the same day. Before the removal of the processing bar in March, my IRCC profile had an indicative outcome date of June 30, 2021. As with most people June has come and gone by without any feedback. However, last month l got a job offer for a post in Toronto, and l am expected to start on the 1st of October. The job offer qualifies for GSS program (and its LMIA exempt). My headache now is, the employer has asked me to check with IRCC first if my PR application has been completed awaiting PPR request or they are still busy with it. The employer says if they submit a GSS application and my PR file has been completed the immigration officer will cancel the work permit without processing it. Does anyone know more about this? When l phone IRCC call centre it gives automated response. I have submitted a webform requesting for details on my application status citing what the employer needs to know and have also submitted the offer letter to support my inquiry. Does anyone know how long IRCC takes to respond to webform requests? Also any advise on how l can navigate this is greatly appreciated.