gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all I am new to this process and I know this question may be difficult to answer, but does anyone have any stats on the average or median time from being accepted into the Express Entry pool to receiving an ITA? I'm guessing this would be a decreasing function of one's score but I wanted to get a general sense of the timing. I'm in the 460-470 range which I've learned is at the lowest end. And since the maximum amount of time in the EE pool is a year, how many months would it typically take for those who end up getting ITA with this score? Thanks!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
You stand a good chance of getting an ita in the next draw. 460 is actually relatively high.

After you get an ita within a month you will have 90 days to apply and then around 6 months to receive PPR, unless there's something wrong.

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks kryt0n! The CIC website shows the minimum cutoff scores for ITA over the last several draws and I saw some of these had cutoffs in excess of 469, which is why I was wondering about the timeline. Just to clarify, if the minimum score for a draw is x, does that mean everyone scoring above x was selected for that draw? Or is it only a subset of those exceeding the x?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
gailmargolis said:
Thanks kryt0n! The CIC website shows the minimum cutoff scores for ITA over the last several draws and I saw some of these had cutoffs in excess of 469, which is why I was wondering about the timeline. Just to clarify, if the minimum score for a draw is x, does that mean everyone scoring above x was selected for that draw? Or is it only a subset of those exceeding the x?
The bolded part.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I got an ITA 6 days after entering the pool.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
gailmargolis said:
Wow may I ask what was your CRS?
472. it's in my signature.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
gailmargolis said:
Hi all I am new to this process and I know this question may be difficult to answer, but does anyone have any stats on the average or median time from being accepted into the Express Entry pool to receiving an ITA? I'm guessing this would be a decreasing function of one's score but I wanted to get a general sense of the timing. I'm in the 460-470 range which I've learned is at the lowest end. And since the maximum amount of time in the EE pool is a year, how many months would it typically take for those who end up getting ITA with this score? Thanks!
I got my ITA after 24 hours of being in the pool, I was just lucky I guess.... there happened to be a draw on the same day that my profile got active... goodluck you have a good score though....

Bencres

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
I got my ITA before entering the pool and my CRS is 478. I went to see an agent and they wanted me to pay from the time I am in the pool to ITA, which I believe is stealing people money. So I decide to submit application without a rep. And this forum is very helpful

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Bencres said:
I got my ITA before entering the pool and my CRS is 478. I went to see an agent and they wanted me to pay from the time I am in the pool to ITA, which I believe is stealing people money. So I decide to submit application without a rep. And this forum is very helpful
How can you get an ITA before entering the pool?

Bencres

Apr 6, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-01-2017
AOR Received.
17-01-2017
xpressentry said:
How can you get an ITA before entering the pool?
sorry actually I meant I got the ITA a few hours after entering the pool. The thing is that I was expecting a draw that day, so I made sure everything information were well entered before I submitted my profile. You can enter and withdraw from the pool anytime.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Bencres said:
sorry actually I meant I got the ITA a few hours after entering the pool. The thing is that I was expecting a draw that day, so I made sure everything information were well entered before I submitted my profile. You can enter and withdraw from the pool anytime.
I was expecting a draw on 22nd but it didnt happen. 24th was a surprise draw for me.

gailmargolis

Star Member
Mar 25, 2017
US
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Is there any info on the acceptance/rejection rate for ITA applicants ? Or is it the case that as long as an ITA applicant is able to provide all the documentation required to confirm their eligibility, they are more or less guaranteed acceptance? Does anyone know what the application looks like? It would be useful for people who haven't reached the ITA stage to get a sense of all the materials requested on the ITA application. The medical and police records are the obvious ones known to most pre-ITA folks, but based on each person's unique situation, there might be other things on the application that might take a while to acquire. Would be good to be able to begin working on that if one thinks they have a fair chance of getting ITA.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
gailmargolis said:
Is there any info on the acceptance/rejection rate for ITA applicants ? Or is it the case that as long as an ITA applicant is able to provide all the documentation required to confirm their eligibility, they are more or less guaranteed acceptance? Does anyone know what the application looks like? It would be useful for people who haven't reached the ITA stage to get a sense of all the materials requested on the ITA application. The medical and police records are the obvious ones known to most pre-ITA folks, but based on each person's unique situation, there might be other things on the application that might take a while to acquire. Would be good to be able to begin working on that if one thinks they have a fair chance of getting ITA.
I gathered all my documents before ITA. I was waiting for WES evaluation and hence the delay. I got all my work reference letters, educational documents, language tests and PCCs ready. I converted all my files to PDF and made sure they are all within 4MB. I even made an excel sheet of my travel and personal history. Now that I have the ITA, I dont have to look at my passport for stamps and rummage through my emails looking for travel bookings where there are no stamps. I have medical booked next week and have to get bank letters. Other than that, I am filling the lengthy form and have to upload all my documents. I should be ready to submit my eAPR at the end of this month.

Once you get your ITA, your initial form gets locked and you cant make any changes. So if you say you are a rocket scientist, you might as well have documents to prove it as you cant change that detail later.

You get to upload documents at the end of filling the forms so be careful what you fill so that the documentation matches that. So if you add a row of work experience saying you worked at NASA and visited Mars, you better have that document to prove your claim.