+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Average balance over six months POF

jadecheee

Aug 17, 2020
For proof of funds, the letter my bank gave me has the average balance over 6 months as one number (total average), not the average for each month of the past 6 months. I’m reading conflicting info on this. Will this be sufficient or do I need the letter to give the average balance per month of the past 6?

To clarify: The letter says "The average balance over the past 6 months is $X", instead of "The average balance in November is $X, in October $X, in ... ".

Last edited:

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Should be fine. My letter says the same thing and I submitted my profile today. Also looked at my friend's letter who now has PR and it was similar.

jadecheee

Aug 17, 2020
Should be fine. My letter says the same thing and I submitted my profile today. Also looked at my friend's letter who now has PR and it was similar.
Ah nice. And the only thing you and your friend uploaded is that letter? Or did you also upload monthly statements?

Scalphunter

Star Member
Jun 20, 2020
Ah nice. And the only thing you and your friend uploaded is that letter? Or did you also upload monthly statements?
I juat uploaded that letter since that's the only bank account I have. Not sure about whether my friend uploaded statements. I think if you have enough money to clear the minimum amount and the average amount hasn't changed drastically, you shouldn't need statements.