+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Automatic Revalidation on Day 1 CPT?

rohizle

Aug 29, 2022
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all are doing well. I had a question on Automatic Revalidation on Day 1 CPT. My visa stamping has expired and and I am currently enrolled in a college for 2nd Masters and working on Day 1 CPT. I wanted to visit Canada next month to claim my PR, I am planning to do a soft landing, stay there for couple days and come back to US.
1. Has anyone faced any risks in doing this?
2. Should I visit Canada keeping in mind that I might be denied entry and start wrapping my stuff in US before visiting in case of denial?
3. I will be visiting Vancouver and coming back to Los Angeles after the process is done, I had heard sometimes it also depends on the airports and the officers over there, is this true?

Looking forward to the guidance & advise!

Regards,
Rohit

Immi Can

Jan 19, 2023
Hi,
I am on an expired F-1 visa and pursuing Day 1 CPT Masters. My I-20 and I-94 is valid and updated. But I have an approved I-140 application with USCIS (Not I-485 or change of status application). I am planning to come to Canada for soft landing using AVR. I was wondering if anyone in the same boat as me faced any problems while entering the US on AVR?