+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

August 2023 TRV application still pending after one year

SeanMendis

Aug 13, 2024
I submitted my TRV application on 14AUG23 (ie. one year ago) from Malawi (current processing time - 80 days).

I had a valid TRV at the time (expiring also during August 2023) with a regular history of 30+ visits to Canada as well as former student permit and work permit. No history of any immigration violations. One prior refusal in 2003 (student visa) which was subsequently issued later the same year. Previous TRV was issued in 2015 from Nairobi. Prior to that was 2009 in Accra, 2006 in Accra, 2003 in Delhi, 2001 in Delhi, 2000 in Buffalo, 1998 in Buffalo, 1994 in Delhi. Last visit to Canada was in 2017. Very extensive history of international travel (over 1500 trips to 90+ countries) due to work history with airlines. No criminal convictions or military service or other red flag issues.

Biometrics were requested the same day and provided at VFS Pretoria on 22AUG23.

I requested GCMS in February 2024 due to the delay and the following items out of ordinary were noted.

* Info sharing - IN PROGRESS

* Criminality - Status PASSED BIO - Sub Activities - Biometrics RCMP - Received NRT - 22AUG23

* Info sharing - USA - Biometric FCC Detail - READY TO BE ASSESSED - 26AUG23
* Info sharing - USA - Biometric FCC - COMPLETE - NOT REVIEWED - 25AUG23
* Info sharing - USA - Biographic - READY TO BE ASSESSED - 14AUG23

* Fingerprint exceptions - 22AUG23 - LEFT THUMB FAINT RIDGES - CRACKS AND THIN RIDGES ON FINGER DUE TO FAINT RIDGES - UNABLE TO CAPTURE GOOD QUALITY AFTER THREE ATTEMPTS

Application status
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

Latest update:

Biometrics - August 23, 2023: Completed.

Review of eligibility
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics
  • August 23, 2023 Completed.
Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

The dates for my planned trip are long passed but I still want to follow up with the visa and get it issued in case I have future trips at short notice to Canada. Does anyone have any idea why this is held up for so long, and what if anything I can do to get it moving?