+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aug 8th Spousal App with OWP, Inland, Paper, Quebec - no open work permit still 132 days waiting

MrsSouvie

Dec 19, 2022
Hello all. I am wondering if anyone else has issues getting their open work permit? I applied in August and can see the spreadsheet with other applicants from 2 months before August and 2 months after even are all getting their work permits in an average of 51 days! Their website showing wait times says around 79 days currently. :( My application seems stuck at "biometrics in progress since September 28th when I had them done at Canadian Official Passport location. I see tons who got their OPW before medical/biometrics was even done. I cannot figure out what to do, waiting almost 5 months to be able to work :( I am US citizen married to a Canadian citizen, clean background, and did the Spousal Sponsorship with Open Work permit by paper using a Representative to ensure everything was filed correctly. We are applying in Montreal, Quebec, but I see others in Montreal in the spreadsheet getting their work permit no problem. I did get the undertaking and CSQ application to MIFI on November 10th. Does this need to process before I get my work permit? Anyone else waiting extremely long for the work permit, or still waiting? Did anyone in Quebec get their work permit before the CSQ/undertaking form?

Timeline below,

Timeline:
Type - Spousal Application with OWP, inland, paper US Citizen married to Canadian Citizen, destination Montreal, Quebec
Inland App - Paper
Date of Submission: August 9th, 2022
AOR: Septemeber 9th, 2022
Medical Request: September 11th, 2022
Medical Complete: September 22nd, 2022
Biometrics Request: September 21st, 2022
Biometrics Complete: "in Progress" since Septemeber 28th, 2022
undertaking and CSQ application to MIFI: Novemeber 10th, 2022
OWP approval notification:
OWP received:
Eligibility:
Background Check :