+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Atlantic Immigration Program - Sponsored employment and PR Requirements

8dhavis

Nov 16, 2022
I got a Job offer from a Nova Scotia Employer, but it is an intra company transfer. I just landed last week. I am a software engineer having 5 years of experience. I am now in Nova Scotia. I will be working full time ( 8 hrs and 5 days per week) I would like to know followings:

1. Can I now apply for Atlantic immigration Program Or I should wait 1 year in NS ? ( I have no breaks in my career in my home country and I have continuous employment history. I read that if I have covered 1560 hours in or outside Canada, that will be sufficient. Is it true ) ?
  2. I read that the employer should be in a "Designated Employer List". How to find my employer is in that list? If the employer is not in that list, can't I apply to AIP ? what could be the other options then?
  3. Since I came here as an intra company transfer, will there be any issue ? Will employer have to provide any additional documents or should they prove that they couldn't find candidate from NS, and that is why they hired me ?
  4. Is there a point scale or any cut off points for the selection ?
  5. Should I apply within 90 since I landed here ? What if I fail to apply so ? ( I see there are language and academic requirements to fulfil too, therefore, it may take more time)
  6. Should I apply for any license ? (As I know Saskethwan needs License for Software Engineers)
  7. Is there a way to get any official confirmation from the NS immigration department ? can we visit in person and clarify any queries ?
  8. Is there any better guidance showing how to apply step by step ?

Last edited:

srth12

Nov 17, 2022
Category........
PNP
Job Offer........
Yes
I got a Job offer from a Nova Scotia Employer, but it is an intra company transfer. I just landed last week. I am a software engineer having 5 years of experience. I am now in Nova Scotia. I will be working full time ( 8 hrs and 5 days per week) I would like to know followings:

1. Can I now apply for Atlantic immigration Program Or I should wait 1 year in NS ? ( I have no breaks in my career in my home country and I have continuous employment history. I read that if I have covered 1560 hours in or outside Canada, that will be sufficient. Is it true ) ?
  2. I read that the employer should be in a "Designated Employer List". How to find my employer is in that list? If the employer is not in that list, can't I apply to AIP ? what could be the other options then?
  3. Since I came here as an intra company transfer, will there be any issue ? Will employer have to provide any additional documents or should they prove that they couldn't find candidate from NS, and that is why they hired me ?
  4. Is there a point scale or any cut off points for the selection ?
  5. Should I apply within 90 since I landed here ? What if I fail to apply so ? ( I see there are language and academic requirements to fulfil too, therefore, it may take more time)
  6. Should I apply for any license ? (As I know Saskethwan needs License for Software Engineers)
  7. Is there a way to get any official confirmation from the NS immigration department ? can we visit in person and clarify any queries ?
  8. Is there any better guidance showing how to apply step by step ?
Designated employers NShttps://novascotiaimmigration.com/wp-content/uploads/Designated_AIP_employers.pdf