+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP: Citizenship Tracker Architecture

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
I finally got a response for my ATIP request for more information about Citizenship Tracker architecture and why there is a 48-72h delay in synchronizing information in the tracker with GCMS. Here are the most important extracts:
1. Cost estimate for Citizenship Tracker is $ 403k/per year
2. Updates once a day

I am so disappointed that it's so highly redacted and contains absolutely useful no information. Here is what I originally asked for:

"I understand a few design decisions and clarify issues with the new Tracker for citizenship (https://tracker-suivi.apps.cic.gc.ca/). The Tracker is always behind GCMS by 48h - 72h and sometimes even more. 1. What is min and max time and interval at which the tracker is sync'ed with GCMS? 2. Are there plans to improve this sync time to within 24h or real time? 3. Are there plans to send e-mail notifications for updates in the tracker? 4. Are there plans to make available for download all communication documents and PDF from within the citizenship tracker instead of sending it via e-mail? 5. Why does the Tracker show "Language skills", "Physical Presence", and "Prohibitions" with status "In progress" BEFORE files are transferred to DN? If documents are available in both French and English please only provide the English version. Include only final versions or latest drafts of documents, and last complete email chains. Remove non-relevant information without applying exemptions and identify them as not relevant. Remove materials that are an account of a possible or actual Cabinet confidence."

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sAiHfzRZRkhTHoAdMv9gfujrZYE9rjhw/view?usp=sharing

Last edited:

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
In general, the Citizenship Tracker provides a read-only view of the application data from GCMS and can be recreated by re-importing the application data into the system.
Almost half a million per year just for a nicer view of GCMS? Brilliant..

shiremag

Champion Member
Jun 14, 2022
Almost half a million per year just for a nicer view of GCMS? Brilliant..
Half a million for a product that does not give us realtime or even timely updates! It's always behind by 48-74h and sometimes even more!
They really need to fix it! I am not sure if they are even considering fixing it