+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assessing Chances for Student Visa

Sohaibkq

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
Hello everyone.

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask for the assessment of my chances, still posting my profile:

Education: MBA (Finance), 2012. Total 16 years of education.
Experience: 8 years now
CGPA: 2.3 or 63%
Ielts: 7 overall

Based on my huge study gap and low cgpa, is it possible to have a student visa? if all of my other documents are complete, can or will visa officer reject my visa by looking at my CGPA and study gap?

Also, I have an active express entry profile which I will remove if I am attending to apply for a student visa. Can visa officer get to know that I was trying for immigration?

jweekend

Champion Member
Dec 13, 2019
Based on my huge study gap and low cgpa, is it possible to have a student visa? if all of my other documents are complete, can or will visa officer reject my visa by looking at my CGPA and study gap?

Yes of course it is possible that the visa officer will reject your study permit application.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
More to the point you Already have an MBA so what course will you try justifying that will improve your prospects in your home country that is relevant to your qualifications and work experience

Sohaibkq

Star Member
Nov 24, 2018
More to the point you Already have an MBA so what course will you try justifying that will improve your prospects in your home country that is relevant to your qualifications and work experience
I am in process of finding a relevant course. Mostly likely I will go for data analytic or something related to operations. How much is the impact of low cgpa on getting visa?