+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assess degree electronically?!

m10953

Dec 19, 2014
Hi guys,

This forum is really really helpful!

I want to apply through EE.

I am currently working in the US in IT (I have worked here for the last 2 years with the L1 visa). (I have both Argentinian and Spanish citizenship)… I have already taken the IELTS; but problem is that I have my degree in computer science back in Argentina (physically).

Is there any way that I can assess my degree electronically?! Like, not sending real paper but maybe a picture/scan of the degree…

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
m10953 said:
Hi guys,

I am currently working in the US in IT (I have worked here for the last 2 years with the L1 visa). (I have both Argentinian and Spanish citizenship)... I have already taken the IELTS; but problem is that I have my degree in computer science back in Argentina (physically).

Is there any way that I can assess my degree electronically?! Like, not sending real paper but maybe a picture/scan of the degree...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
No. You will need to get your degree assessed by designated assessment agencies such as WES. Their requirements often vary based on the country that the degree is from. You should look into their website and figure out the process for your country.

doubleym

Jan 6, 2015
m10953 said:
Hi guys,

I am currently working in the US in IT (I have worked here for the last 2 years with the L1 visa). (I have both Argentinian and Spanish citizenship)... I have already taken the IELTS; but problem is that I have my degree in computer science back in Argentina (physically).

Is there any way that I can assess my degree electronically?! Like, not sending real paper but maybe a picture/scan of the degree...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!
I don't know of an approved accreditation company that will accept an electronic copy of your certificates, even if that was the case they'd still probably require physical copies of your transcripts from your University.

m10953

Dec 19, 2014
I have completed all sections from Express Entry profile, except for 'study and languages', I don't see any field to provide a ‘code’ for the degree?! (if I have my degree assessed the will give me some sort of code, right?) (my degree is in computer science from Argentina).

Last question, I swear ;) ! I got a 6.5 in the IELTS speaking… am kinda curious… I have been living in the US for the past 2 years and I have never had any communication issue, can I ask to the IELTS to review that mark?

Thanks again!!!

m10953

Dec 19, 2014
anyone?

I don't see any field to provide a ‘code' for the degree?! (if I have my degree assessed the will give me some sort of code, right?)

love u guys!!

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
m10953 said:
Hi guys,

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Hi m10953!

I'm almost in the exact same situation!! I have an Argentinian Degree and also Spanish Citizenship!!!
As far as I know, you have to contact WES or any other acredited company to asses your studies. Then you have to send copies of your Diploma (previously translated into English or French) and then you have to ask your University to issue a new transcript (certificado de estudios final o analítico), which has to be send to WES directly from the University in a sealed envelope.
You can access the WES web-site, they have a free tool which provides some sort of previous assestment, so that you can have an idea of what you'd be getting from your degree.

What I don't know is if you can also send your own transcripts duly translated, just in case your University is not going to provide a transcript in English or if it'll still be valid with just the Spanish transcript.

If anyone can help me with this point, it'd be just great!!

Good luck m10953!

Cheers!!

namaste

Champion Member
Jan 5, 2013
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2014
Nomination.....
15-10-2014 (PER)
Med's Request
25-11-2014
Med's Done....
10-12-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
21-02-2015
LANDED..........
16-05-2015
m10953 said:
anyone?

I don't see any field to provide a ‘code' for the degree?! (if I have my degree assessed the will give me some sort of code, right?)

love u guys!!
No, there is no code. What you will need from WES (or other assessing agency is the reference number of the report, the date report was issued and the actual assessment of the degree (eg. bachelor's degree/master's degree etc).