+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aspiring Express Entry Candidate From Pakistan

Kiani

Sep 12, 2017
Dear All,

I have couple of questions to ask as I will soon start my process for Express Entry Pool. Why Express Entry?because, when i used Determine Your Eligibility through portal this came up. My Wife and I both are applying and have recently received our ECA. IQAS has given us an equivalency to masters. We both hold MBA degree after 3 years of undergraduate studies. My wife has an IELTS score of 7.5 each whereas, I am yet to sit in IELTS exam and will qualify CLB9 or least CLB8. Please note that my main motive is to save money and do the process at my own as far and as much as possible. My age is 29 and wife is 33.

I have one salary account where my monthly salary gets deposited, since my wife is a working woman, she has her separate salary account too. We live with my parents. We do not have much savings except for 2 cars under my assets and one under my wife's name.

1. If I sell one of my car I can easily show required bank statement of some 16000 CAD. Is it a risk free option, please suggest?
2. Can we both open joint account and show our combined savings? Is this an acceptable proof of funds?
2. What should be the next step I should follow in this process?
3. I have completed Master's in 2016 and have been working FULL-TIME since 2012. Right now I am working for a Media Group in Pakistan as Manager Marketing & Communications. Do I stand chance with this qualification and experience?
4. What is the complete fee to apply?

I would appreciate if someone experienced could comment and guide me through.

Thanks,
Farukh

TanakaM

VIP Member
Dec 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-04-17
Dear All,

I have couple of questions to ask as I will soon start my process for Express Entry Pool. Why Express Entry?because, when i used Determine Your Eligibility through portal this came up. My Wife and I both are applying and have recently received our ECA. IQAS has given us an equivalency to masters. We both hold MBA degree after 3 years of undergraduate studies. My wife has an IELTS score of 7.5 each whereas, I am yet to sit in IELTS exam and will qualify CLB9 or least CLB8. Please note that my main motive is to save money and do the process at my own as far and as much as possible. My age is 29 and wife is 33.

I have one salary account where my monthly salary gets deposited, since my wife is a working woman, she has her separate salary account too. We live with my parents. We do not have much savings except for 2 cars under my assets and one under my wife's name.

1. If I sell one of my car I can easily show required bank statement of some 16000 CAD. Is it a risk free option, please suggest?
2. Can we both open joint account and show our combined savings? Is this an acceptable proof of funds?
2. What should be the next step I should follow in this process?
3. I have completed Master's in 2016 and have been working FULL-TIME since 2012. Right now I am working for a Media Group in Pakistan as Manager Marketing & Communications. Do I stand chance with this qualification and experience?
4. What is the complete fee to apply?

I would appreciate if someone experienced could comment and guide me through.

Thanks,
Farukh
Hi,

1- This is perfectly fine.
2- No need for a joint account. You can show statements from both accounts to show the required funds.
3- Do your IELTS test and follow the steps on page 1 of this thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions.273928/
4- Yes, with a masters and 3+ years of skilled experience you are a great candidate. You just need to get the CLB 9 for IELTS and you good to go.
5- 550CAD (APPLICATION FEE) + 490CAD (RIGHT TO PERMANENT RESIDENCE FEE) per adult and 150 CAD (APPLICATION FEE) per child.

All the best