+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asivad and seniors some advice pls

ggumber

Oct 26, 2015
Need some help guys!!! Kinda long question though

I got married in 2013 in India when I was on Work permit for Canada. My marriage certificate is from India with my new last name (married name). I also got a court affidavit stating that from that day I will only use my married name. When I came back to Canada it was alot of work to change my name and I work with a bank and it was not easy to change all my authorizations if I change my name officially in Canada. So my passport still has my maternal name.
Then in May 2014 I got my work permit extended and in the application form where it says have you ever used anyother name I clicked no. But did tick on married and also included my husband in my application and our marriage certificate. We both got our work permits extended. NO PROBLEM there
Now I recevd my invitation and I am the primary applicant but I have two questions:
1. Should I still select no name change because my passport is still with maternal name.
2.My PCC from India has my maternal name because its based on your passport information, but my affidavit says that from now I will use my married name. Will it be a problem?

Any suggestions PLSssssss....!!!!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
It is not about what you do from now on.

It is simply about whether you have used any other names. Basically any document that might be used ever in Canada could have a different name for you.

Just say yes i have used another name, explain the situation in cover letter as well as in affidavit that you would have to upload when you say i have a different name and you should be fine.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
It is not about what you do from now on.

It is simply about whether you have used any other names. Basically any document that might be used ever in Canada could have a different name for you.

Just say yes i have used another name, explain the situation in cover letter as well as in affidavit that you would have to upload when you say i have a different name and you should be fine.
Agreed. That's the way to proceed on this.