+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arriving with a baby

kase

Dec 14, 2012
Hi there! My husband sponsored me and I was approved recently. We will be traveling to Canada with 5 months old child. Please advise : do I need to bring any paper about immunization and vaccination for me or for my son? Any other papers except my passport and 2 immigration forms ?

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kase said:
Hi there! My husband sponsored me and I was approved recently. We will be traveling to Canada with 5 months old child. Please advise : do I need to bring any paper about immunization and vaccination for me or for my son? Any other papers except my passport and 2 immigration forms ?
Immunization and vaccination should be for your son I believe - I dont see why they should ask these for you as you have cleared medical. Its important for your child because he will be completing his required vaccinations in Canada (since he is only 5 months i think he still needs some more as he grows up).

Your husband should have all his documents - PR card, employment letter ( if need be), marriage certificate.
You should have your passport, COPR etc
Your son should have passport, birth certificate.

All of this might not be required at landing - but these documents will be required to settle in Canada.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
kase said:

The child is included on your application? If yes you should need nothing further than the copr for you and your child. If he was not included on your application do not land until you have changed everything to include him.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
kase said:
All you need to land as a PR is your passport and both copies of the COPR, nothing else. Depending on what personal effects you are bringing or shipping to Canada after you arrive, you may also need to fill out a Form B4 for customs.

Have you already submitted your son's Certificate of Citizenship application and obtained a temporary Canadian passport for him?

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
All you need to land as a PR is your passport and both copies of the COPR, nothing else. Depending on what personal effects you are bringing or shipping to Canada after you arrive, you may also need to fill out a Form B4 for customs.

Have you already submitted your son's Certificate of Citizenship application and obtained a temporary Canadian passport for him?
I think the child is born abroad and the OP has not stated that the husband is Canadian citizen....so i guess its safe to assume you need PR for the child as well and passport from country.

The other things i mentioned are for settlement purposes ....not landing in particular.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

vermanaman said:
I think the child is born abroad and the OP has not stated that the husband is Canadian citizen....so i guess its safe to assume you need PR for the child as well and passport from country.

The other things i mentioned are for settlement purposes ....not landing in particular.
The OP said in earlier threads that the spouse was a Canadian citizen and they were apply for proof of citizenship and a Canadian passport.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
vermanaman said:

Instead of assuming, I simply read the OP's previous posts explaining about her Canadian spouse and applying for the child's Canadian citizenship and passport.

vermanaman

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canuck_in_uk said:
Instead of assuming, I simply read the OP's previous posts explaining about her Canadian spouse and applying for the child's Canadian citizenship and passport.
ah...i din know that. Anyways they just need the passport for the baby then no COPR.
OP should mention complete details in such cases.