+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrears; salary hike; reference letter

aspirant29

Jan 5, 2022
Hello everyone,

The more I think the more i get perplexed.
My work experience is a bit of a mess but please give it a look and suggest to the best of your knowledge.

I worked for company 'A' for 1 year under a project, after that the same project got transfered to company 'B' as B became the new lead agency of that project pursuant to some restructuring by the authorities.

I got 'X' amount of salary for 1 year from company A. I got the same 'X' monthly salary from company B as well for another 1 year and 6 months. However, after this 1 year and 6 month my salary increment got approved and it got revised to 'Y' per month from back date that and i got arrear for the last 28 months all at once by Company B. That means it also included arrear for the time when I was in company A. Lastly, I got salary Y for the 29th month before leaving the organisation as my project ended thereafter.

Now i have got 2 experience letters, 1 each from both companies for the same job basically. The company A one mentions the X salary only. And in the company B one i got them to mention salary Y.

My questions are:

Should I be worried that my company A experience letter does not include the arrear.

Is my current way of mentioning salary in both experience letters correct?

Otherwise, How do I show the arrears received or do I show them at all? And just mention salary X in both the letters.

Is there any format for any sort of arrear letter?

Should I also get a pay slip for the whole arrear amount in that case? And submit it along with other work documents for EE.

Thankyou if you took the time to read all of it and congratulations if you got it. Pease help

One last thing my job responsibilities in both letters are different as per the milestones of the project. Do i need to worry? Because the job position remained the same.