+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Armenia - Country Specific Declaration?

Bearcheese

Oct 8, 2013
Hi guys,
At the end of the country specific instructions package, there is a form like this:

Who is supposed to fill this out? I am sponsoring my wife, we have no children and I'm a Canadian citizen.

Do we have to fill this out?

surleplateau

Star Member
Sep 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CSQ rqst'd 23-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ rcv'd 05-05-2015
AOR Received.
27-02-2015 err?
File Transfer...
09-03-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2014
Interview........
waived; IP Sep 2015
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 22-10-2015
LANDED..........
09-01-2016 YAY!!!
I think you have to read your instruction guides more carefully. The country specific guides are for the person being sponsored ("principal applicant").

On page A-3 of your guide:

Sponsorship III - Spouses, common-law partners, conjugal partners and dependent children
A - 3
CHILDREN'S INFORMATION

If your children are adopted, provide an explanation and proof if the adoption was done according to customary law and not through courts such as:
• adoption papers, and
• photographs of the adoption ceremony,
• power of attorney documents, if applicable.

If you are divorced or separated, you must include proof that you have custody of the children, that you have fulfilled all obligations in custody agreements, and that the children are able to move to Canada.

You must submit proof if the child is 19 years of age or older and depends substantially on the financial support of the parent since before the age of 19 and is unable to be financially self-supporting due to a physical or mental condition.

Consent for immigration

If you have children under 18 years of age who will accompany you to Canada, you must submit an original notarized consent form (see end of Appendix A) signed by the other parent allowing your children to immigrate with you. This document will not be returned to you
The last bit gets repeated again here:

OTHER DOCUMENTS - ONLY IF YOU ARE APPLYING IN MOSCOW OR IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF A FORMER USSR STATE

Consent for Immigration

If you have children under 18 years of age who will accompany you to Canada, you must submit an original notarized consent form (see end of Appendix A) signed by the other parent allowing your children to immigrate with you. This document will not be returned to you
So if those instructions do not apply to you, this document does not appear necessary (according to my interpretation of the guide: I am not a lawyer.)