+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are these documents enough to apply for citizenship?

Luca2024

Jul 31, 2024
Hi,

My spouse (a homemaker) and myself are planning to apply for citizenship.
We have lost the 1st year and 2nd year Bcom marksheets so we cant get the transcripts from Mumbai University.

We do have:
1.12th marksheet
2. 12th certificate
3. TYBcom marksheet
4. TYBcom graduation certificate
5. Convocation certificate
6. MOI letter from college which mentions "for visa purposes only " (from when we applied for Canadian visa in 2019)

So my questions are:
Will these 6 documents be enough to apply for the citizenship?
Do we need to get another MOI from college which mentions "for citizenship purposes"?
Is MOI from college enough or do we need MOI from Mumbai University?

Thank you in advance for your kind responses. Much appreciated.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi,

My spouse (a homemaker) and myself are planning to apply for citizenship.
We have lost the 1st year and 2nd year Bcom marksheets so we cant get the transcripts from Mumbai University.

We do have:
1.12th marksheet
2. 12th certificate
3. TYBcom marksheet
4. TYBcom graduation certificate
5. Convocation certificate
6. MOI letter from college which mentions "for visa purposes only " (from when we applied for Canadian visa in 2019)

So my questions are:
Will these 6 documents be enough to apply for the citizenship?
Do we need to get another MOI from college which mentions "for citizenship purposes"?
Is MOI from college enough or do we need MOI from Mumbai University?

Thank you in advance for your kind responses. Much appreciated.
You and spouse did not give English test for PR?

FMeg

Star Member
Oct 2, 2018
Honestly none of those documents you listed are required.
For English proof, its mentioned on the website that you can show proof of doing a college degree in English. But since it was done abroad you might need to get a degree evaluation from a service like WES. I remember having to do that while doing PR.

As long as you have the consolidated transcript it doesn't matter what happened to the others.

All they care about for getting Citizenship is being able to prove you both were here for 1095 days on PR, paid tax (if applicable which is yes in 99.999% of the cases), photo, ID proof like driver's license from Canada or Health card.

List of documents you would upload are passport, drivers' license/Health card, PR card, document proving english proficiency. If you spent more than 6 months outside Canada, you'd need a Police clearance certificate from that country. That's basically it.

Reactions: Luca2024