+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are teaching assistant and research assistant are considered as work experiences

Pengliu

Jan 28, 2012
Hi, I am a PhD student at UW. I knew Canada intends to accept up to 1,000 international PhD students per year as permanent residents through the Federal Skilled Worker Program. This is my third academic year and my application is eligible for processing. My application is eligible for processing now then it will be assessed against minimum requirements. The requirements for work experience are :
• for at least one year, continuous, and paid (full-time or the equivalent in part-time), AND
• Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the CanadianNational Occupational Classification (NOC) list. (Note: The NOC is a system for classifying jobs in Canada. The link will take you to the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada’s website.)

My question is if teaching assistant and research assistant are considered as work experiences. Because I studied all the time and never worked in a company before.

Thanks a lot!

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
No one knows for sure.
We suspect it can be considered if you Taught continuously for 2 years without interruptions.
If you didn't teach during spring and summer, it may (and probably will) not work because they require continuous experience
See our discussions on the Phd Forum.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/applicant-from-phd-program-after-5-nov-2011-connect-here-to-get-status-t87348.0.html