+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are online certificates valid in Work Permit applications?

kimvui21

Jul 1, 2024
I'm preparing my application but some of my previous employers are not willing to confirm my experience, so instead I plan to take some online courses to get job-related certifications in Canada, for example courses from Cisco, Credly and Udemy. But I'm wondering, do those certificates really help my profile stronger?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I'm preparing my application but some of my previous employers are not willing to confirm my experience, so instead I plan to take some online courses to get job-related certifications in Canada, for example courses from Cisco, Credly and Udemy. But I'm wondering, do those certificates really help my profile stronger?
What application? LMIA? NOC? Certificates don’t help but ECA may.

kimvui21

Jul 1, 2024
Is your LMIA real? NOCs are now 5 digits so what does working in a retail store have to to with getting Cisco Certification. It is not a skilled NOC so you show the experience you have working in a retail store. Do you have ECA?
That is a job including technician and saler so I dont know exactly NOC and I dont have at least one year experience in any, I only have some part time job and Intership so think about earning some certifcate, I dont have ECA yet

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
That is a job including technician and saler so I dont know exactly NOC and I dont have at least one year experience in any, I only have some part time job and Intership so think about earning some certifcate
So you have a work permit in Canada now? Or approved LMIA? If LMIA, it will state what the NOC is. NOC is based on job duties. NOCs are 5 digits too. Not sure how certification will help. Only ECA and work experience prove you can do the job. Maybe IELTS.