+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Are contractual jobs valid for Ontarion PNP?

v.deepika

Dec 18, 2016
I have already been working at a full time position for around 5 months, now I am getting a better job opportunity but it is on contractual basis for 6 months which they may extend it later on based on performance.
Can I combine my initial 5 month experience and this contract based experience and still apply for Ontario PNP? Or, is this contract going to effect my application?

OMG_Chakromakro

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
v.deepika said:
I have already been working at a full time position for around 5 months, now I am getting a better job opportunity but it is on contractual basis for 6 months which they may extend it later on based on performance.
Can I combine my initial 5 month experience and this contract based experience and still apply for Ontario PNP? Or, is this contract going to effect my application?
if you are applying under oinp which is currently closed , they require you have a permanent and full time position .

goldencanada

Star Member
May 4, 2014
v.deepika said:
Yes, It counts as long as you fulfill hourly requirement.

FYI, I am a contract worker and received OINP nomination.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
v.deepika said:
It depends which OINP stream you are talking about. If you're talking about one of the express entry streams (e.g. human capital priorities), they is not employer-driven, so it does not matter whether you have permanent, contract, or no work at the time.

Not sure if the stream has re-opened yet - I don't think so - but in any case, you cannot apply unless OINP sends you an invitation to apply (last year, you needed a CRS over 400, we don't know if that will change if that re-opens).

http://www.ontarioimmigration.ca/en/pnp/OI_PNP_EE_CAPITAL.html

limeston

May 23, 2023
I have 4 year worth of experience but that to on contract basis of 2 different companies , Am I eligible for the express entry program?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have 4 year worth of experience but that to on contract basis of 2 different companies , Am I eligible for the express entry program?
Do you have 67 points to be eligible based on ECA and IELTS. You can use contfact experience if you have one year of full time continuous experience and can prove it with reference letter, pay stubs and bank acccounts.

You are posting under Ontario PNP So wrong section.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

limeston

May 23, 2023
Sorry for posting in wrong section but I am new here ..
And desperate to know
I have 2.5 yrs of teaching experience on 11 months contract based
And other 1.5 years of experience of mnc company that to on contract base ...the consultancy service which I have approached saying that I am ineligible for express entry ...is that right ?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry for posting in wrong section but I am new here ..
And desperate to know
I have 2.5 yrs of teaching experience on 11 months contract based
And other 1.5 years of experience of mnc company that to on contract base ...the consultancy service which I have approached saying that I am ineligible for express entry ...is that right ?
What is your ECA equivalency and IELTS scores. That will determine eligibility too. Do you have reference letters, contracts, pay stubs, receipts to prove you do those jobs. Do you have one year of full-time continuous experience?

Last edited: