+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Aranged employement, skilled worker + WHP

dre

Mar 18, 2008
Hi All,

I'm currently in working in Canada on my working holiday visa. This will expire in September 2008. In November 2006 I applied for my skilled workers visa, this is being processed at the embassy in Berlin, Germany.

Now my employer offered me a permanent job offer (arranged employment) and I am not sure of the exact steps in need to take. I'm currently kind of lost in the procedures and I am in need of some advice. Would you be able to provide me with some advice and information?

Some additional information:
If I understand correctly I need to inform the embassy about this change in my situation. Also, if I understand correct, this should speed up (fast track) the processing time of my application. Is this true?
If I understand correct my employer has to fill in this form
http://www.hrsdc.gc.ca/en/workplaceskills/foreign_workers/forms/emp5275e.pdf
And if that's been approved by HRDC I can then sent that to the embassy? and then what?

The first sentence of that form worries me:
Do you intend to employ the skilled worker before he/she becomes a permanent resident? If yes you're not completing the correct form.

However I can easily work on my current visa (which i can still use for 6months). Why would I need to startup yet another procedure.

Do you have any Advice? Thanks,
Andree

dre

Mar 18, 2008
Ok, I found some more info, I think it boils down to the following:

If I understand correctly I have 2 options
Submit an application for an HRSDC labour market opinion (LMO)
or
Submit an application for an HRSDC arranged employment opinion (AEO)

I think I don't necessary need to apply for the LMO application, because I can already start working on my working holiday visa.
I was told that I can fast track my skilled workers visa application processing time once I found permanent employment. Is this the case?
If so, does it matter which of the 2 applications (LMO or AEO) i decide to submit. My goal is to fast track my visa.

Anyone experience with this?
Thanks Andree

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

dre said:
Ok, I found some more info, I think it boils down to the following:

If I understand correctly I have 2 options
Submit an application for an HRSDC labour market opinion (LMO)
or
Submit an application for an HRSDC arranged employment opinion (AEO)

I think I don't necessary need to apply for the LMO application, because I can already start working on my working holiday visa.
I was told that I can fast track my skilled workers visa application processing time once I found permanent employment. Is this the case?
If so, does it matter which of the 2 applications (LMO or AEO) i decide to submit. My goal is to fast track my visa.

Anyone experience with this?
Thanks Andree
An LMO is a Labour Market Opinion obtained by an employer (no Canadians/PRs available, advertised and wages are equivalent for local market) this would allow you to work in Canada if it is positive, you would have to apply for a new work permit.
An AEO is a Arranged Employment Option, which the employer obtains and states that the employer will employ you once you become a Permanent Resident. It does not allow you to work in Canada.
Your WHV is not extend able and you cannot continue to work after it expires without a new work permit/lmo.

PMM

dre

Mar 18, 2008
Would the submission of an AEO (Arranged Employment Option) fast track my Skilled workers visa?
I mean I can stay and work here till September on my Working Holiday Visa. The embassy received my skilled workers visa application in october 2006. If I can just speed it up by a few months, in order for it to be approved before September it would all be fine!

If not I will have to go for the LMO and apply for the temporary work visa. Any idea how long it will take to get the LMO back after has been submitted to HRDC by my employer? I heard someone saying 8 months?!

dublin12

May 12, 2008
Hi,

I am currently in the same position and thinking of using the WHP to fast track my PR visa application, have you been able to confirm if this is allowed,

Thanks,

dre

Mar 18, 2008
You can apply for a skilled workers visa and in the mean time come to canada on a WHP.
However if your skilled workers visa as not been approved after the whp year is over, you'll have to return to your country.