+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved!?

dudabrodzeli

Jul 7, 2024
Hello Guys,

I have just received email with attached pdf file with text:

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure
document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your
application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks contact IRCC.

Can you please inform me what does it mean? Do I get a temporary resident?
Thanks guys for your assistance and advices.

coli

Jan 21, 2020
If you have applied for a work permit or work permit extension, this is how the IRCC responds after they approve your work permit application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello Guys,

I have just received email with attached pdf file with text:

Your application to remain in Canada as a temporary resident has been approved. A secure
document has been mailed to you at the address that you provided when you made your
application. If you have not received your secure document within six weeks contact IRCC.

Can you please inform me what does it mean? Do I get a temporary resident?
Thanks guys for your assistance and advices.
You only recently applied for asylum it could be 2 years before you even get a hearing.

broccoli13

Star Member
Jul 19, 2024
but backlog is 216k now against 56k two years ago...
Yeah I know and there are many cases with even 2+ years waiting for hearing. But I really believe they have a weird system where they process the recent applications faster. And as I said it depends on the case, also the country. When you look at the data of claims in 2023, you can see the differences between countries. Like one country has 6000 applications and they just processed 1200 applications , the other country has 5000 applicants and they processed 4000 applications (excluding Ukraine- Syria). So it really depends on your case’s complexity and luck. But if you are person who applied in 2024 with a strong approval rate country and less complex case, you will get a hearing less than a year.