+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Approved in Quebec - can we live in Ontario?

ronnroz

Sep 17, 2014
POSTING THIS ON MY FRIEND'S BEHALF.

Hello All - my friend and his family, got approved for Business immigration in Quebec. They would like to come to Toronto, to live with me while their remaining papers get processed (e.g. PR, SIN, Health, etc.). Here are the questions I would like to get your advise on:
  1. Can they land in Toronto and apply for PR card using my Toronto address?
  2. Can he apply for Ontario health card, provided he is able to prove his residency here in Ontario?
Or, does he need to go to Quebec and live there to apply for all this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Hello All - my friend and his family, got approved for Business immigration in Quebec. They would like to come to Toronto, to live with me while their remaining papers get processed (e.g. PR, SIN, Health, etc.). Here are the questions I would like to get your advise on:
  2. Can he apply for Ontario health card, provided he is able to prove his residency here in Ontario?

If they land in Toronto and give a Toronto address for their PR cards, they are at risk of having the landing denied since they received PR through a Quebec program.

Which exact program did they apply through? Sometimes it can be problematic if a person immigrations through an investor / business program but doesn't actually establish that business once here.

Reactions: ronnroz

Ansionuk

Feb 11, 2022

Your friend need to land in Quebec and become a PR first(he only becomes a PR after landing, not when application was approved). then he will be able to move freely within Canada (one of PR rights).

however, if he has some sort of ties with the Quebec government, money or whatever, he may loss them by moving to other provinces(not complying with his application statement).

it is allowed, but at a price.

Reactions: ronnroz